LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Has anyone fitted a shower, either externally or say in garage themselves ? would it be difficult ?

I fitted one just inside one of our external lockers that was near to both the hot and cold pipe run.
Cut and fitted a push-fit "T" into hot and cold pipes and piped to the shower Bullfinch shower fitting.

1723022387824.png

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Fitted one in the last van very easy.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I fitted one just inside one of our external lockers that was near to both the hot and cold pipe run.
Cut and fitted a push-fit "T" into hot and cold pipes and piped to the shower Bullfinch shower fitting.

View attachment 932837
But how do you control the temperature if hot and cold are joined with no mixing control.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RM_Marine

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2021
Poole, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2021
The mixing control happens when you twist the bullfinch shower controller, it works as a mixer

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Easy mod to your motorhome if the pipework is adjacent to where you want to fit the shower outlet. I wouldn't put it inside a locker as there can be a small amount of water released when connecting and disconnecting BUT it is only a small amount.

An easy way to make the connections into the existing pipework is to replace existing connections ie a bend into a tee or a tee into a four way connection (yes they are actually available). Don't forget to add the pipe inserts into your new pipes (and old pipes if they are not already installed) and the securing rings that stop the pipes from working loose

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Mine is a trauma single pipe shower hose, I connected it into the hot water pipe but to get the perfect shower temperature I just switch the water heater on for 5 minutes 👌🚿

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Mine is a trauma single pipe shower hose, I connected it into the hot water pipe but to get the perfect shower temperature I just switch the water heater on for 5 minutes 👌🚿
That's got me thinking ... a problem with getting a shower is the amount of water that is wasted whilst trying to get the right temperature, not to mention nearly burning or freezing yourself in the process! 😳 If I could ascertain the exact time to have the boiler on to get the perfect temperature without having to add any cold water I'd save a load of water ... Might have to experiment a bit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 19, 2022
Funster No
MH
2015 HymerExsis i414
Exp
20+ years in 1990 VW T3 and Florida. Hymer now...
That's got me thinking ... a problem with getting a shower is the amount of water that is wasted whilst trying to get the right temperature, not to mention nearly burning or freezing yourself in the process! 😳 If I could ascertain the exact time to have the boiler on to get the perfect temperature without having to add any cold water I'd save a load of water ... Might have to experiment a bit.
I have the same thoughts. I bought one of these but not fitted it yet. Hopefully it will save water, but my primary concern was that my 10yo daughter can shower without help...

Attachments

• alde-tmv3-thermostatic-mixer-valve-65737.webp
    6.4 KB · Views: 19

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back