Should we sell?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Lunar Champ H621
Exp
15yrs
Agreed that whilst our last holiday was great then its getting close to selling time, Anno Domini etc).
Just had a chap knock again on the door offering a fair price.
He wont take it away until money is in our bank,, he said.
Wheres the pitfalls?
Whats peoples experience of doorstep buyer (from western isles, shall we say)
Mike &Ann

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Well, he has been back and inspected with a mate and allegedly will be back at an agreed time tomorrow to pay at the agreed price ,,,,hmmm
I wonder if after we've taken the trouble to empty it the price might change.
Next episode tomorrow late pm then...
Mike
Ps in which case he can bu!!er off!
Don't leave anyone alone with your MH whilst you are distracted. Several tricks to battery price down.......

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mike800966
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Lunar Champ H621
Exp
15yrs
Hmmm, not a pleasant outcome and as we feared possibly even a scam.
First visit, low to fair offer ( about 20% below selling prices) and as its sorned, lorry could be here in 15mins if we accepted.
So Annie worked her socks off to empty the contents into our dining room.
2nd visit, in at speed of light with super damp meter and lo and behold found lots of expensive problems.
Since they were coming to "complete the agreed sale" still no sign or sound of the lorry they would need as soon as money hit our bank!
Up till yesterday the lockers had contents and we never had any signs of damp problem. No smells or mould and all clothing was dry but the even founds drips of water in two places!!
The "tester chap" wore a big fleece jacket and just could have a water spray or sponge hidden in sleeve, but he found whole drips of water in places.
We will never know until i check it over slowly in my own time with my own meter. He said he only needed to touch the inner plastic face with the meter, not to penetrate??

Its a 2005 van and wont be perfect but very usable and will give much fun for years to come for some family.
Outcome was offer reduced by 50%,,,and still no sign of the lorry!
Sorry its a long post and thanks to all but the lesson is be very wary of unexpected doorstep callers.
Mike and Ann
Ps i did take the advice and had a good friend here, the emotions can run high, at one stage i told them to go away, in fact f off!

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
Hmmm, not a pleasant outcome and as we feared possibly even a scam.
First visit, low to fair offer ( about 20% below selling prices) and as its sorned, lorry could be here in 15mins if we accepted.
So Annie worked her socks off to empty the contents into our dining room.
2nd visit, in at speed of light with super damp meter and lo and behold found lots of expensive problems.
Since they were coming to "complete the agreed sale" still no sign or sound of the lorry they would need as soon as money hit our bank!
Up till yesterday the lockers had contents and we never had any signs of damp problem. No smells or mould and all clothing was dry but the even founds drips of water in two places!!
The "tester chap" wore a big fleece jacket and just could have a water spray or sponge hidden in sleeve, but he found whole drips of water in places.
We will never know until i check it over slowly in my own time with my own meter. He said he only needed to touch the inner plastic face with the meter, not to penetrate??

Its a 2005 van and wont be perfect but very usable and will give much fun for years to come for some family.
Outcome was offer reduced by 50%,,,and still no sign of the lorry!
Sorry its a long post and thanks to all but the lesson is be very wary of unexpected doorstep callers.
Mike and Ann
At least you didnt get fleeced, to many tales of it hapening

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
I promise I only pressed once lol
Forum is a bit strange today, my usual theme is dark but for some reason the lightbulb has vanished, even checked the ipad incase it was a mobile thing.
Any uodates that could cause this Jim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Forum is a bit strange today, my usual theme is dark but for some reason the lightbulb has vanished, even checked the ipad incase it was a mobile thing.
Any uodates that could cause this Jim

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
Possibly still a few tech gremlins lol.

Where i work we dread that email to say they swapping servers for maint. 99 out of 100 it goes wrong

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Possibly still a few tech gremlins lol.

Where i work we dread that email to say they swapping servers for maint. 99 out of 100 it goes wrong
I'm now getting an 'Option': at the bottom of my post with a tick box about 'Watch this thread' that I've not noticed before.

Is this the new update or, have I hit a button by mistake? 🤔

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2010
I've had a number of people knocking at the door over the years asking if I wanted to sell. Some even had business cards. I may be paranoid but I always say no on principle.

I just don't like the idea of people casing the neighbourhood to see if there are any desirable goods about, even if their intentions are honest. Your business model relies on your 'network' telling you there's a motorhome you may want to lay your hands on at 4 Privet Drive?

That's just too close to other casing the joint practices for me to want to give it any encouragement.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
I've found the forum doing silly things this morning. I logged out and navigated away but upon return it is still "odd".
Same, i think Jim must be still working in the background as the way it looks its possibly a backup version

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
If you do sell make sure you notify the dvla by filling in and sending of the transfer slip . Dont let the buyer do it otherwise it will still stay in your name if he commits an offence.
Transfer can be done online in minutes, no need to send slip nowadays.
EDIT
O'ooop's, read the other posts and see the transfer method has been mentioned.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back