Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 2, 2019
doncaster
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 2010
My son has asked me to ask on here ,if anyone has ever shipped a 28 foot motorhome over to brisbane ,if so was it very expensive and was it a lot of hassle? Thanks pampam

busbuddy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2018
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
swift suntor 630G
Exp
since 1994
I have shipped many cars the other way in containers but will the motorhome fit in a container ?
And is the hab door on the correct side, they are very strict on rhd over there

Expensive is a relative term šŸ¤” no hassle...just have to wait a bit
I know someone who shipped his lhd german van over there and converted it to rhd because he wanted it there šŸ‘

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2019
Funster No
MH
Fiat PVC
Exp
Since 1995
The problem can be how clean it is, as it will be inspected on arrival.
Then if not clean ( not internal) it get transported to be cleaned, then transported back to be inspected and so on.
This could be the issue that needs to be worked out .
Or just buy one there, then sell it on.
We did that in New Zealand, lost about Ā£200 on the deal 6 months later.

Upvote 0
Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
I have shipped many cars the other way in containers but will the motorhome fit in a container ?
And is the hab door on the correct side, they are very strict on rhd over there

Expensive is a relative term šŸ¤” no hassle...just have to wait a bit
I know someone who shipped his lhd german van over there and converted it to rhd because he wanted it there šŸ‘
When I lived there many years ago, what has been described was okay but one couldn't buy a NEW LHD and ship it to Australia.
Despite one of the tours sponsors being Holden ( Australia's largest car manufacturer) our LHD Holden Terrana's the French Stunt team drove, had to be export to New Caledonia offload, register them there, then reload them for shipment back to Sydney.

As you say, they were VERY strict but the law may have changed so better check. šŸ¤”

Upvote 0
Oct 25, 2022
Infinity and beyond
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo I 726
Exp
A very long time
My son has asked me to ask on here ,if anyone has ever shipped a 28 foot motorhome over to brisbane ,if so was it very expensive and was it a lot of hassle? Thanks pampam
Have a look at seabridge-tours.de. They'll arrange shipping a Moho all over the world.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Aug 13, 2017
Funster No
Have a look at seabridge-tours.de. They'll arrange shipping a Moho all over the world.
It was around Ā£8k if memory serves a few years ago, it goes on meterage of some kind.......but when you find out please come back to us with the ball park figure as its aways good to have the approximate figure in mind.....

Upvote 0
Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
It was around Ā£8k if memory serves a few years ago, it goes on meterage of some kind.......but when you find out please come back to us with the ball park figure as its aways good to have the approximate figure in mind.....
Cubic meters.

X amount per meter on length and then Y amount for the cubic
Fairly standard way of calculating costs on wheeled freight on a ship, as weight is less than one tonne per cubic meter.

Upvote 0
Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
The precautions for the prevention and control of insects and bacteria are very strict even when we looked at exporting our brand new van there the hygiene process was quoted at around $4000 yes we had a quote from sea bridge return was around $9000 in 2019

Upvote 0
Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
The precautions for the prevention and control of insects and bacteria are very strict even when we looked at exporting our brand new van there the hygiene process was quoted at around $4000 yes we had a quote from sea bridge return was around $9000 in 2019
When I was there, one even had to unload certain products at the State Borders especially between NSW and Queensland.

I was once driving a multi load truck and had to drop and leave the trailor with straw on the Queensland side, travel into NSW for about 25miles to collect some stuff, then return to the same crossing to collect the trailor before dropping all off at Cairns. šŸ˜”

Upvote 0
Aug 13, 2017
Funster No
Mmmm so about Ā£10k all in.......then it opens up the option for NZ too or for the adventuous......PNG, Indonesia, Borneo or Sumartra.......dont know about the rest but the roads in Borneo are very good........in parts! :cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back