Selling a motorhome (1 Viewer)

Dec 26, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
C
Exp
Is there any websites that we can advertise our motorhome for sale at no cost if not best site to sell on with a fee
Thank you.

Jun 11, 2011
Derby
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 840 SE
Exp
Is there any websites that we can advertise our motorhome for sale at no cost if not best site to sell on with a fee
Thank you.
Classified on here for free, or ebay classified only £20.00 for a month, don't put your tel' no' in the add just use ebay's contact seller email then you can reply or not at your own discretion

Upvote 0
Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
Classified on here for free, or ebay classified only £20.00 for a month, don't put your tel' no' in the add just use ebay's contact seller email then you can reply or not at your own discretion
Fair enough for ebay but, watch the percentage charge that they apply IF your van sells!
Recently put our van on ebay for 10 days with a fixed price, had lots of 'watchers' but no sale, and advertising cost was 14.99.
So glad it didn't sell as I think they wanted 15% of the selling price had it have sold.
Read their T and C's very carefully.
I didn't, but think I dodged a bullet.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jun 11, 2011
Derby
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 840 SE
Exp
Fair enough for ebay but, watch the percentage charge that they apply IF your van sells!
Recently put our van on ebay for 10 days with a fixed price, had lots of 'watchers' but no sale, and advertising cost was 14.99.
So glad it didn't sell as I think they wanted 15% of the selling price had it have sold.
Hi Captain, no charge as eBay don't know whether you have sold it or not, it really is just a classified add. I have sold lots of vehicles up to £30,000 this way and never paid commission.

Cheers Colin

Upvote 0
Nov 14, 2018
Europe
Funster No
MH
A grey one
Exp
since 1996
Its a classified add so you only pay the initial fee of there is no further selling fee. We sold ours via eBay last September. Personally I’d keep clear of auto trader, very expensive and not user friendly. You only get a limited number of images with eBay so if you are internet savvy then I’d take loads (I did 90) and upload to dropbox or similar so potential buyers can view them. I’ve also sold a van on Gumtree as well previously. If you want free then FaceBook market place.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I had no trouble selling with Autotrader last year, £49.95 for, I think, 3 weeks and no problems uploading pics or fielding calls and messages which went via a shielded number.

Upvote 0
Nov 14, 2018
Europe
Funster No
MH
A grey one
Exp
since 1996
I had no trouble selling with Autotrader last year, £49.95 for, I think, 3 weeks and no problems uploading pics or fielding calls and messages which went via a shielded number.
Autotrader works for some, but I didn't get a single response! Glad it worked for you.

Upvote 0
Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
Its a classified add so you only pay the initial fee of there is no further selling fee. We sold ours via eBay last September. Personally I’d keep clear of auto trader, very expensive and not user friendly. You only get a limited number of images with eBay so if you are internet savvy then I’d take loads (I did 90) and upload to dropbox or similar so potential buyers can view them. I’ve also sold a van on Gumtree as well previously. If you want free then FaceBook market place.
I did not know that about their classified ads so got that
Wrong!
Might give it another go now at a fixed price .
Thanks.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
When I bought mine I think the seller withdrew it

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
There is no percentage charge on classified ads on Bay.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back