Seitz blind flyscreen repairs

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Corinium Duo
Exp
Relative newbie
I'm often the recipient of help on here, and I do try to reciprocate where I can for example in concluding a thread with the "with thanks to... the fix was..." etc. In that spirit and recognition of recent help, I wanted to share how I fixed my Seitz roller flyscreen.

Essentially, the flyscreen piece went all limp and whilst faffing about with it, it pretty much gave way altogether. A temporary fix with gaffer tape sorted it. Once home and on closer inspection, the plastic retaining clip for the spring loaded roller in the window frame had broken; looking online, the retaining clip needed was no longer available, or available as part of £45+ kit. Further research brought me to the following eBay seller who 3D prints them at £4.99 each! Suggest contact if a search as below results in nothing as I suspect these are made ad hoc and just to have a few in stock at any given time.

Seitz Blind Flyscreen Retaining Clip SP104409 for Caravan Motorhome Camper
https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/mudman00

Duly delivered of said 3D printed parts, I went about replacing the broken one. These new ones seem way more solid by the way. Replacement was simple.
  • Remove the vents from the sides, top and bottom of the internal window frame. Note the orientation. Beware dead flies and other detritus!
  • Remove all the screws (the number would depend on the size of the window I guess)
  • The frame should be easy to hold in place on it's wall mountings so you get the last (top) screw out
  • Place on a flat surface
  • Unscrew two small screws and remove the old clip
  • Insert the new one on the flattened end of the roller, keeping the other end inserted in its own retaining clip
  • Twist until a sufficient force exists to move the roller up and down, not too much so it snaps though
  • Push it into the roller and place the now attached clip into the space left by the old clip, mine was a good fit and pretty much held itself in place
  • With a firm finger on it and before reinserting the screws, give the blind a test, adjusting tension as you require
  • Then pop the screws back in
  • Refit the frame to the window
  • Refit the vents
Seitz Blind Flyscreen Retaining Clip SP104409 for Caravan Motorhome Camper - Picture 1 of 7
Seitz Blind Flyscreen Retaining Clip SP104409 for Caravan Motorhome Camper - Picture 4 of 7
Seitz Blind Flyscreen Retaining Clip SP104409 for Caravan Motorhome Camper - Picture 5 of 7
Seitz Blind Flyscreen Retaining Clip SP104409 for Caravan Motorhome Camper - Picture 6 of 7
Seitz Blind Flyscreen Retaining Clip SP104409 for Caravan Motorhome Camper - Picture 7 of 7

Hope this will be helpful for others, maybe someone on here actually 3D prints (or can print) these things...

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class Pilote
Exp
Clicked in the link and mudman00 has no items for sale. Useful spare to have on board.
Calling @Paulnchrissy ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back