Seeking Medical Help While Boating Full-Time (1 Viewer)

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Been looking at a programme on full time boaters... Question Not arisen yet.... But...

Much the same as full time Motorhomers...

What do you do if you need a Doctor urgently but not urgently to warrant a trip to A&E...

Just curious nothing else... :Smile:

Jan 18, 2019
Cuesta Blanca, Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exis
Exp
Since 2010
Been looking at a programme on full time boaters... Question Not arisen yet.... But...

Much the same as full time Motorhomers...

What do you do if you need a Doctor urgently but not urgently to warrant a trip to A&E...

Just curious nothing else... :Smile:
In France, go to a pharmacy, they will point you to a GP. Anyone can see a GP if they pay the fee, used to be @ €25. More or less everyone pays this but most get to claim it back. Same with Dentists, I think.

Upvote 0
Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
old-mo Hi Old Fella,

We were in that situation in Kent a couple of years ago when Elaine was having serious problems with apparent constipation.. Firstly, I phoned 111 and explained our situation. I was told that they would call me back with an answer. This they did within about 5 minutes and I was told to go to Deal hospital where a doctor would give us a prescription for a "hospital grade" laxative. However, I took Elaine back to the same hospital four or five days later after it was apparent that nothing was moving. Deal has a small scale A & E / minor injuries clinic and we were seen by a triage nurse. Within 5 minutes Elaine was in the back of an ambulance and on her way to Margate and was operated on that evening to be given a colon bypass. The surgeon said she had a large mass in her lower colon, but we had to make the decision on where to have further work done.

So, despite all the bad things said about the NHS, somethings worked well for us and we were thankful that the triage nurse was on the ball.

Our best wishes to you and Judy.

John

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back