LIFE MEMBER
Apr 9, 2015
Taunton
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 640
Exp
4yrs so still a newbie
Last trip out we lost a screw from the ceiling rail for the sliding shower door. Found it and screwed it back in. Looking to glue the screws in to prevent a repeat. If this was all metal I'd use Loctite 222 Screwlock as it's easy to break the glued joint. However, as its into wood, not sure how well it'll work. Anyone had any experience with Screwlock into wood, or have an alternative they've used?

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Dip match(es) in waterproof PVA and tap it (them) into the hole, cut off with a sharp knife and allow to dry. Then screw it back together with a bit more pva on the thread.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
The trouble with Araldite (or any epoxy) into wood is that once set there is little room for manoeuvre. Any subsequent tightening of the screw, or the need to remove the rail, will often pull out the whole bit of Araldite along with more of the wood especially, as is likely, if it's into fibre board rather than timber. You then have the rail (usually plastic!) with a screw running through it with a blob of epoxy on and being almost impossible to remove without damaging the rail. So then you have two problems to solve.

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
I just squirt a bit Sticks like $h1t into the old hole and put the screw back in. Tend to stay put but can be removed with a screwdriver even after a few months

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Iā€™d just pop a slightly larger screw in.

OP
OP
R

RetiredPope

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 9, 2015
Taunton
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 640
Exp
4yrs so still a newbie
The screw tightened back into the hole nicely, so my assumption is that its caused by vibration. Hence thinking of something like Screwlock which gives enough strength to stop vibration loosening, but can be undone without damaging anything. I'll give the PVA a go in a bit of scrap wood and see how it works.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back