Scotland - East Coast - Fife & above (5 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

hja

May 8, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit Prim
Exp
Since 2019
Over the years we have visited most of Scotland including some of the islands. We haven't explored Fife or the coast up to Peterhead. Doing some research there are obviously lots of fishing villages but I am wondering how easy it is going to be to visit with a 6.4m PVC. We dont walk very far so cant park eg a mile outside and walk in. We do have small mobility scooters but not much good if there are steep hills. I havnt explored the coastal bus route yet. We would be going probably in May - avoiding bank holidays as far as possible.
Has anyone got any experience of visiting that coast please?

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Pretty much what we have done so far in Scotland , I have noticed on FB virtually every town village and harbour round that coast now has a motorhome parking facility 👍 planning my trip to the same area 🙂

Sep 30, 2021
South West, UK
Funster No
MH
Wildax PVC
Exp
2yrs in & over 20% of nights 'out'
the coast up to Peterhead.
Don't stop at Peterhead, keep going to Fraserburgh and along the Moray Firth coast.
Lots of options for overnight (and easy day-time parking pretty much everywhere).
Quite a few community 'aires' and some lovely Nature.Scot / RSPB stopovers.

knickam

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 5, 2020
Fraserburgh, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
2 years
Over the years we have visited most of Scotland including some of the islands. We haven't explored Fife or the coast up to Peterhead. Doing some research there are obviously lots of fishing villages but I am wondering how easy it is going to be to visit with a 6.4m PVC. We dont walk very far so cant park eg a mile outside and walk in. We do have small mobility scooters but not much good if there are steep hills. I havnt explored the coastal bus route yet. We would be going probably in May - avoiding bank holidays as far as possible.
Has anyone got any experience of visiting that coast please?
This is my neck of the woods, Travelling around the coast from Peterhead to Buckie

Peterhead has a caravan site in the bay but its a bit of a walk from the town centre, Peterhead prison museum is also worth a visit.

Fraserburgh is a town and has a nice caravan site on a nice beach and a short walk into the town and the large harbour

Rosehearty is a small village and the boatyard allows motorhomes to stay on there property

DO NOT go to Pennan or Crovie, The roads are far to steep and tight.

You can visit Gardenstown, It is a steep road down but larger vehicles can go down,

Macduff has a Harbour and a marine life Centre

Banff has relatively easy parking to have a look around and has the Spotty Bag shop, Best breakfast around. There is a site heading out of Banff but s bit of a walk to the town

Portsoy is a village and has a caravan site on the beach.

Cullen has a barrier controlled motorhome stopover site that has to be pre-booked online

Findochty is a lovely small village with a caravan site and small harbour. The local publican has bee known to take people out on his boat to check his lobster creels.

Buckie is a larger town with an caravan site on the outskirts.

Hope this helps

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
H

hja

May 8, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit Prim
Exp
Since 2019
This is my neck of the woods, Travelling around the coast from Peterhead to Buckie

Peterhead has a caravan site in the bay but its a bit of a walk from the town centre, Peterhead prison museum is also worth a visit.

Fraserburgh is a town and has a nice caravan site on a nice beach and a short walk into the town and the large harbour

Rosehearty is a small village and the boatyard allows motorhomes to stay on there property

DO NOT go to Pennan or Crovie, The roads are far to steep and tight.

You can visit Gardenstown, It is a steep road down but larger vehicles can go down,

Macduff has a Harbour and a marine life Centre

Banff has relatively easy parking to have a look around and has the Spotty Bag shop, Best breakfast around. There is a site heading out of Banff but s bit of a walk to the town

Portsoy is a village and has a caravan site on the beach.

Cullen has a barrier controlled motorhome stopover site that has to be pre-booked online

Findochty is a lovely small village with a caravan site and small harbour. The local publican has bee known to take people out on his boat to check his lobster creels.

Buckie is a larger town with an caravan site on the outskirts.

Hope this helps

Thank you that is great.

OP
OP
H

hja

May 8, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit Prim
Exp
Since 2019
Don't stop at Peterhead, keep going to Fraserburgh and along the Moray Firth coast.
Lots of options for overnight (and easy day-time parking pretty much everywhere).
Quite a few community 'aires' and some lovely Nature.Scot / RSPB stopovers.
We have been north of Peterhead. We are visiting Peterhead because Ian's Grandad was based there in 2nd WW. He was RN but seems to have been at RAF Peterhead which we think was a listening station. And if we must go to random places where there will be nothing really to see relevant to his posting then I intend to go to Prison Museum which sounds pretty cool (Ian not so keen, but tough!)

OP
OP
H

hja

May 8, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit Prim
Exp
Since 2019
Pretty much what we have done so far in Scotland , I have noticed on FB virtually every town village and harbour round that coast now has a motorhome parking facility 👍 planning my trip to the same area 🙂
Cheers

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back