Scarborough ban

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
This may have been mentioned and I have missed it, but apparently according to Those happy days, on YouTube he was rattling on that all motorhome parking has been banned along the long road in Scarborough from today, is this right and why haven't we heard more about it?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
You missed it!

Scarborough Council have announced they do not want tourists in town spending their filthy money.
The long term plans is to force all the local shops, pubs and restaurants to close, so that the town is only used by the locals.

Their next target will be the furnished holiday lets.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Due to this rule, last week we drove through Scarbrough without stopping and went to Whitby where we spent several hundred pounds over 5 days.

Scarborough's loss is Whitby's gain.

OP
OP
chaser
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starfire
Exp
15 Years
This may have been mentioned and I have missed it, but apparently according to Those happy days, on YouTube he was rattling on that all motorhome parking has been banned along the long road in Scarborough from today, is this right and why haven't we heard more about it?
It's been banned overnight since mid September along Marine Drive, also the Whitby to Sandsend road.

OP
OP
chaser
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
So does anyone know what has happened, is no one parking there now?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Yes sorry , it must have been when I was wrestling with a broken gearbox in France :(
No worries, Chas, from your posts about the excellent breakdown and accommodation service you received from LV it I'd rather have broken down and been stuck for a week in France than in Scarborough.

Last edited:
OP
OP
chaser
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
No worries, Chas, from your posts about the excellent breakdown and accommodation service you received from LV it I'd rather have been broken down and stuck for a week in France than in in Scarborough.
LV just goes on giving (y) this morning we had a deposit in the bank from them for £300 for airfares and expenses getting it back.
I just can't praise them enough.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Due to this rule, last week we drove through Scarbrough without stopping and went to Whitby where we spent several hundred pounds over 5 days.

Scarborough's loss is Whitby's gain.

I thought Whitby banned MH’s overnight in the only town car park many years ago, has this been relaxed?

I heard you could park for small charge up by the abbey but not sure if that was temporary

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starfire
Exp
15 Years
So does anyone know what has happened, is no one parking there now?
No problem during the day, just no overnighting. Parking spaces suitable for motorhomes are on the north end of Marine Drive.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
I thought Whitby banned MH’s overnight in the only town car park many years ago, has this been relaxed?

I heard you could park for small charge up by the abbey but not sure if that was temporary
Must admit we did not try the only car park actually in town, but there is a perfectly good campsite on the other side of the river walking distance into the town.

dna

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
Isn't it that you can park during the day but not overnight?

Personally I don't want them banning day time parking (Ive seen comments wanting vans also banned from the South Cliff area) as I visit my parents memorial bench and park on the esplanade for that. On most visits I patronise the Clock Café as that was a favourite of my parents in their later life.
When I visited earlier this year, I stayed on a site in Cayton and cycled into Scarborough via the south cliff and their bench. There were quite a few vans parked on the roads near the south cliff but its hard to tell if they were only stopping off or staying

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back