Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
One for Anthony OysterTech methinks. :unsure:

Last night watching TV it just stopped displaying the program and went to the blue screen with 'no signal - check connections'. Normally, when I switch the TV on it sends a signal to the satbox which requests approval to raise the dish. It doesn't do this anymore. The Satdish doesn't appear to issue the rise request. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Last edited:

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Mine was the coaxial cable, I had to strip the ends and reconnect. Anthony run through it all with me.

I don’t know what the Funster community would do without Anthony OysterTech, what an amazing company and chap, thank you Anthony, as you’ve helped me out no end of times and nothing seems to phase you.

Anthony OysterTech

Oyster Satellite and Wifi Technical Service
Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
Hi all,

Sorry, only just seen this and most likely PP Bear you're spot on. If the dish is a Premium variant or a Vision with Receiver control turned on then the system raises when it detects the voltage down the coax cable. If it doesn't raise when the TV is turned on then it's either a dodgy cable/connectors, dodgy output from the TV, TV set to the wrong source or possibly a fault with the roof unit. In this instance I'm inclined to go for the connection being iffy but to verify you can unplug the cable connected to the Oyster box from the TV and test the voltage coming down the cable from the TV when turned on and in Satellite mode. You should get 13v or 18v depending what channel the TV is set to. If all ok there then I'd replace the cable or at least remake the connections as a lot of motorhomes and caravans have cheap coax running through them which can get very hot with the voltage running down them and in worst cases they can melt.

Thanks for the kind words though both. Feeling very big headed right now. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
Thought I was on wrong forum there, blue thing struggling to get a raise!!

Please it has resolved itself,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Hi all,

Sorry, only just seen this and most likely PP Bear you're spot on. If the dish is a Premium variant or a Vision with Receiver control turned on then the system raises when it detects the voltage down the coax cable. If it doesn't raise when the TV is turned on then it's either a dodgy cable/connectors, dodgy output from the TV, TV set to the wrong source or possibly a fault with the roof unit. In this instance I'm inclined to go for the connection being iffy but to verify you can unplug the cable connected to the Oyster box from the TV and test the voltage coming down the cable from the TV when turned on and in Satellite mode. You should get 13v or 18v depending what channel the TV is set to. If all ok there then I'd replace the cable or at least remake the connections as a lot of motorhomes and caravans have cheap coax running through them which can get very hot with the voltage running down them and in worst cases they can melt.

Thanks for the kind words though both. Feeling very big headed right now. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
You taught me well Master Yoda 🤭😀🤗

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back