Satellite questions from newby

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer B534 DL (2017)
Exp
Well travelled
Having just bought a new (to us) Hymer with a satellite dish I have a few questions. I've only switched it on and seen the dish raise and rotate then switched it off again so far. It's connected to an Avtex Pro tv. We've not had one of these before on a motorhome.

The set up is a SatSeeker 60 and has a touch type control on the wall. There is also an Amiko mini 4K UHD box in the cupboard not connected to anything and no idea what to do with it.

There is no TV aerial that I can see, but there is a black bee-sting type on the roof near the tv...not sure what this is for, as there are 2 of these, 1 is on the other side of the van for a radio.

Does the dish automatically find a satellite ? can we pick up Sky on it ?

Is there a cost involved using it ?

What do I do with the Amiko ?

thanks, Andrew

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis-t
The black aerial near the TV is for digital terrestrial TV. It should work very well. It needs to be powered through the aerial lead (there’s a setting in the Avtex to switch this on).

I can’t help with the satellite dish.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
I also bought a new (to us) Van earlier in the summer which had a Satseeker 85 on it with an Amiko Mini Combo satellite receiver box. Took me a while to figure it out but it does work. If you contact Robert Jackson via email or phone he's helpful. He sent me the user guides etc via email.

Basically the satellite should connect to the little box that you switch on with the LED screen which it sounds like you figured out how to switch on and lock in the dish. After that it connects to the Amiko box and from the Amiko box on mine at least I have an HDMI lead that connects to my TV. The TV is just a monitor I guess as the channels are all coming from the Amiko box. Bit like a freeview box you would have at home. Or if you have TV with a satellite receiver in it you wont need the Amiko but will still need to connect the system to the TV.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back