Sat Nav - Amigo - Any good?

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Noticed on another non MH forum people discussing TomTom Amigo app as an alternative to Maps and Waze. A search found only one mention of it on here, is anyone using it? Having had my run-ins with TomTom re their lifelong app which only lasted a few years and their camper satnav that lasted just over a year (offered a 'goodwill' non camper at a discount which was dearer than Amaz was selling it for) I would be reluctant to use it without good reason.

DJA

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Since 2008
Why not just download it. It is free and the only potential cost issue is Data which is the same as Maps and Waze etc. If you have a Tomtom account with saved My Places then they can be synced with the App or create your own Favourites if you want. It works with Cameras and can be set so that it will tell you of an approaching camera and may ask you to confirm it is still there. It also has similar traffic info as the TT Go Navigation/TT Devices use. If you use CarPlay then it is compatible with that . I can't comment on whether it works with the Android version of CarPlay.

OP
OP
C

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Why not just download it. It is free and the only potential cost issue is Data which is the same as Maps and Waze etc. If you have a Tomtom account with saved My Places then they can be synced with the App or create your own Favourites if you want. It works with Cameras and can be set so that it will tell you of an approaching camera and may ask you to confirm it is still there. It also has similar traffic info as the TT Go Navigation/TT Devices use. If you use CarPlay then it is compatible with that . I can't comment on whether it works with the Android version of CarPlay.
Will do, just that if I want to know about Sat Navs I would come here as most hardware and software options have been debated at some point (and at some length ha :) ). I had never heard of Amigo and no one on here had mentioned any up or downside which is unusual.

DJA

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Camdoon

I have just tried the Amigo App which has been on my phone for a while as I would normally use the TTGO Navigation App. It offered me 3 route options with an indication of the journey time differences from Tunbridge Wells, which can be a nightmare place, and it worked fine. It offered the same 3 options as the GO Navigation App suggested withe the same fastest route. There was traffic congestion where it suggested but as there would have been no faster options where the congestion was I don't know what what it would have done if there were faster routes. ie Would it just change or does it give you the choice to take the quicker route. There was one point at which it said it had lost data but I don't know how long for as it continued working fine. I assume that may have been to do with loading mapping as you go along which is a situation I did have with Google some years ago when using that in the car, in that case the mapping froze .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back