Sardinia (3 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Mar 26, 2024
Funster No
MH
Hymer B634
Exp
Since 2023
I’m looking to get to Sardinia in the van next year and I was wondering if anyone has any experience in going there?

Apr 17, 2016
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic E Line
Exp
Since March 2004
We are in Sardinia at the moment. Lovely place. A little expensive. Some of the sites can be very expensive in high season but there are some places to stop FOC and there are a few aire type stops. We are on one currently which is €29 for an 8 metre van. Electricity is €4 if you need it but only 3amp. Toilets and showers. Showers €2 for 5 minutes. Clean and tidy. We stopped at one elsewhere and it was €24 with 3amp included. It had toilets and showers but was pretty untidy although a very short walk down to the beach. Let me know if you need any other information.

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
Did a few weeks there in 2012. Lovely places, roads were deserted so easy to get around. We circled the island. Some of the best beaches in Europe. See my blog for account of our trip. Here is the link. Scroll down.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2019
Funster No
MH
Fiat PVC
Exp
Since 1995
We went in spring 2018 for 6 weeks free camp ed all the time.
Eurospin supermarkets for food and wine , good value.
Secured parked at the airport for 6 weeks, flew back for 6 week trip around Corsica a then drove home.
The Corsica trip was all free camping but it did get a tad hot!
On our last walk in Corsica we took 6 litres of water to drink and it was not enough!

OP
OP
Simon1981
Mar 26, 2024
Funster No
MH
Hymer B634
Exp
Since 2023
We are in Sardinia at the moment. Lovely place. A little expensive. Some of the sites can be very expensive in high season but there are some places to stop FOC and there are a few aire type stops. We are on one currently which is €29 for an 8 metre van. Electricity is €4 if you need it but only 3amp. Toilets and showers. Showers €2 for 5 minutes. Clean and tidy. We stopped at one elsewhere and it was €24 with 3amp included. It had toilets and showers but was pretty untidy although a very short walk down to the beach. Let me know if you need any other information.
Yeah please send anything over that you think might be helpful
Thanks

OP
OP
Simon1981
Mar 26, 2024
Funster No
MH
Hymer B634
Exp
Since 2023
An option; ferry from Nice to Corsica, north anti clockwise around the island from Bastia, then from Bonifacio to Sardinia, Cagliari to Livorno mainland Italy. A good trip.
That’s probably the option that we’ll go for! You might aswell do Corsica as you are so close and mainland Italy is one of favourite places

Apr 17, 2016
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic E Line
Exp
Since March 2004
They seem to have tightened up a little now on Motorhome parking. North east corner, Olivia area it was very difficult.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back