Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 22, 2023
West Midlands, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail F60
Exp
Newbies as of June 2024
We had a leaflet off our dealer for Safeguard. As it had a QR code on it, I scanned it to get a quote which came out at £771. This was cheaper than any other online quote. When I rang them to buy it, after going through it, it went down to £726.

I've just humoured myself and done a quote directly from their website, base price was £852. So it seems the QR code linked to our dealer, has given us a discount. There will be a kick-back to the dealer, but we're happy with the price and level of cover offered. They also mirrored our car NCB as we have no MH NCB yet.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Whilst you may be happy with the quote you got using the dealer supplied leaflet, and nothing against Safeguard, have you looked at any other alternatives for comparison?

There are a number of insurance companies / brokers discussed on here with Comfort (that's who we're with), AIB, LV, etc, etc, etc.............................. gaining positive feedback. Some of these guys give a discount to MotorhomeFun members so might be worth a look see.

As an example, Jim has just negotiated a discount deal with Ripe Insurance https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/two-new-discounts-fogstar-and-ripe-insurance.303364/

OP
OP
J
Oct 22, 2023
West Midlands, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail F60
Exp
Newbies as of June 2024
Yes, we had a few other quotes. The AIB funster discount didn't bring the price down enough. I hadn't spotted the Ripe ins discount on here.

LV wouldn't quote for using a CASSOA gold storage site. The cheapest via comparison sites was £1017.

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
Truble with all insurance is you never really know how good they are till you need to claim.
Incidentally we have used Safeguard for a fair number of years.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
After a poor breakdown experience with Caravan Guard we have been with Safeguard for a number of years. I called them last week to advise we are uprating to 4500kgs, added E&P Levellers and upping the annual mileage and (after a sharp in take of breathe at an extra £130) the price to renew after negotiation is near as damn it the same as this year - £480 including breakdown cover. (2013 A Class)

Jan 22, 2024
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Crafter
Exp
Since 2016
Just had renewal through with safeguard. Massive increase to start but rang and spoke to human being. Dropped mileage to 8k and dropped value by 12k and premium dropped £100.
It appears that prices are v dynamic and shifting every day.
It's a dilemma every year!

Mar 17, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
Since 2007
Safeguard provide an excellent service been with them since 2012 and negotiate renewal downwards every year

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back