Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
Has anyone with the 200Gb phone/data SIM had any issues with the replacement one they have dished out? It was supposed to come supplied with the original number. I'm not sure that a PAC code is the route to go when the supplier is the same. Having said that the new SIM is branded "Gamma".
I emailed about this a week ago and chased again yesterday to no avail and they don't answer the phone. I'm getting a bit desperate as we are off in the van in a few days time.

OP
OP
cyberyacht
Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
Doesn't augur well, does it? I'll try ringing again on the dot of opening tomorrow morning. Think I may have to put the new SIM in my backup phone ftb and run both until it is resolved. I think I may switch to IQ mobile, the data version of which ran perfectly whilst in France & Spain earlier this year. At least they respond to queries.

Sep 5, 2024
In a tin box
Funster No
MH
Build in progress
RWG are a reseller - Gamma are the provider.

However, whichever MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator) you use in the UK, you will be connecting to one of the four network operators; O2, EE, Vodaphone and Three.

So, for example, the Smarty SIM operates over the Three network, GiffGaff is on O2 etc.

RWG use the EE network.

Looking at their "Big Data" package, you're getting 200GB in the UK with 20GB of European roaming for £20/month

I have the Three Unlimited data package (cheaper through third party brokers than direct with Three) which is currently £17/month on a 12 month contract. Data limit in Europe is lower at 12GB, but you can buy a Data Passport for £5/day that gives you unlimited data.

The devil is always in the detail when comparing SIM packages and it's pretty difficult to get unlimited / large data included for European destinations now, and PAYG SIMs in Europe tend not to be very generous with data.

Bottom line is that if RWG aren't giving you the service you need, then there are plenty of other providers out there who would be more than happy to have your business, and shopping around for the latest and best deals is often worth a bit of time and effort as the SIM landscape is constantly moving.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back