Route National 135 shut France to Spain (3 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 3, 2024
Greater Manchester, UK
Funster No
MH
Don't have one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Feb 5, 2024
Funster No
MH
Etrusco CV540 DB
Warning. Just read one of the main trunk roads between France and Spain is shut - and likely to be so for some time.....

Yep, we got turned around by the police just South of Oloron today. Poor show by Google maps which seemed unaware of the road closure. We were taking that route into Spain because my wife was particularly keen to have a look at the restored station hotel at Canfranc-Estacion, though treating ourselves to a night in the hotel was rapidly ruled out as a bit outside our budget! Good job we didn't book a night there as we ended up taking back roads across the Pyrenees further West, ending up at Lumbier.

Very entertaining drive over some high passes including the Col de Larrou, which should have had stunning views but were mostly cloaked in low cloud. Various hazards of the animal variety were encountered, including large groups of cows with bells and sharp horns wandering freely on the road. Fortunately they were fairly well behaved and grudgingly parted to allow us through!

IMG-20240911-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20240911-WA0003.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2024
Funster No
MH
Etrusco CV540 DB
Weather looks cold and miserable.
Bit like the UK at the moment.
Not cold, except at high altitude on the passes. About 20 degrees at the lower levels. Will probably be a bit rainy tomorrow but after that the forecast is good for Northern Spain including the coast.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
VW 2005 T5 Campervan
Exp
Since September 2018
Not cold, except at high altitude on the passes. About 20 degrees at the lower levels. Will probably be a bit rainy tomorrow but after that the forecast is good for Northern Spain including the coast.
Enjoy, Sir, your travels.
Having just come back from Northern ish Spain, I am missing it already.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back