Roof conduit for satellite cables

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
We’re getting some water coming in via the sate little cable holes in the roof (not a lot) and thinking about replacing the conduit . Currently it’s that white oblong stuff about 1/2 inch deep and an inch wide but for the dish to the hole in the roof takes 2 x 90 degree turns (which exposes the corners ) . I’m thinking of a cleaning the lot out and putting in a straight run (diagonal - but who’s seeing it ) or do you have a better idea . It’s about 3 ft from dish to controller box - any ideas greatly appreciated

OP
OP
Jewellbags
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
We’re getting some water coming in via the sate little cable holes in the roof (not a lot) and thinking about replacing the conduit . Currently it’s that white oblong stuff about 1/2 inch deep and an inch wide but for the dish to the hole in the roof takes 2 x 90 degree turns (which exposes the corners ) . I’m thinking of a cleaning the lot out and putting in a straight run (diagonal - but who’s seeing it ) or do you have a better idea . It’s about 3 ft from dish to controller box - any ideas greatly appreciated
Pa I would get pictures but it’s dark and I’ve had a few rums :-)

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
20mm round conduit.
Two end boxes for the same.
One cable gland to suit end box.
Two end box lids.
One 20mm 90° angle.

Fix one end box next to solar panel.
Fit cable gland to box.
Fit length of conduit from this box to 90° bend, then onwards to the cable entry point.
Drill hole in second box, fit on conduit, position over cable entry point.
Feed cable through the lot and fix down with silicon sealant.
Fully waterproofed and secure.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Back