Ripe Insurance Funster Discount is Now Live (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Ripe have now finished with all the introductory discounts, making the 15% they offer us the best deal that you can get with them.

If you follow this link the Funster 15% is baked into the page. This is a genuine 15%. Try it if you like, use a browser in private mode, go to their front page and get a quote. Then come out and follow the link above, and you'll see the 15% Funster Discount is applied and genuine. (y). Thank you Ripe.

Jan 5, 2009
Chillington Devon
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2006
Been looking at ripe.
Renewal quote from Staveley Head was around £586 plus breakdown compared to £345 last year plus £98 breakdown insurance.
Had various quotes from ranging from £407 to £647 some with breakdown some without. Many others over £800.
A quote from Ripe just arrived after I did the meerkats
I thought it was a scam at first but looked a bit deeper and they appear ok.
Original quote was for £259 basic insurance after adding on all the extras Ncd breakdown keys legal came to £480.
Better than all the others
Had not done anything as still 21 days to go but quotes locked in.
Saw Jim’s post about the 15% funster discount and tried
again Quote now £416not quiet 15% but may have put in a lower voluntary excess.
Happy days.

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
Won’t accept Fiat factory immobiliser. Insist on Thatcham immobiliser. We have Vanbitz Strikeback alarm and Thatcham Tracker. No good for us then !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 26, 2021
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Wellhouse PVC Camper
Exp
Not very flexible, need a tracker on a Ford Camper and won't insure without access to another vehicle. Sounds like insurance takers not taking any risk but want your money. Give me Caravan Guard anyway.

Jul 25, 2020
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend 6617
Exp
Since 2020
Just had a quote, and compared with our current renewal proposal, they are significantly cheaper than our existing provider and the rest of market on a like for like basis. I wasn’t sure about our 2020 Fiat Ducato based Dethleffs’ immobiliser status so initially put factory fitted immobiliser which prevented them from quoting. But when I checked if we have a standard immobiliser supplied with the vehicle, I’m under the impression we have a Thatcham Cat 2. See attachment. Am I correct? Hopefully the more informed amongst us can advise me….

IMG_1889.png

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2022
Darwen, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 740e
Exp
2 years
Been looking at ripe.
Renewal quote from Staveley Head was around £586 plus breakdown compared to £345 last year plus £98 breakdown insurance.
Had various quotes from ranging from £407 to £647 some with breakdown some without. Many others over £800.
A quote from Ripe just arrived after I did the meerkats
I thought it was a scam at first but looked a bit deeper and they appear ok.
Original quote was for £259 basic insurance after adding on all the extras Ncd breakdown keys legal came to £480.
Better than all the others
Had not done anything as still 21 days to go but quotes locked in.
Saw Jim’s post about the 15% funster discount and tried
again Quote now £416not quiet 15% but may have put in a lower voluntary excess.
Happy days.
I am with ripe this year after staveley head doubled mine. £249 with Ripe

Smokaijo

LIFE MEMBER
May 15, 2023
Guildford, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 679
Exp
My partner & I are newbies and have a fully adapted motorhome for myself with my electric wheelchair
Won’t accept Fiat factory immobiliser. Insist on Thatcham immobiliser. We have Vanbitz Strikeback alarm and Thatcham Tracker. No good for us then !
That tells me they likely won’t like ours either thank you .

Mar 26, 2021
Worcestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner A645 Active
Ripe have now finished with all the introductory discounts, making the 15% they offer us the best deal that you can get with them.

If you follow this link the Funster 15% is baked into the page. This is a genuine 15%. Try it if you like, use a browser in private mode, go to their front page and get a quote. Then come out and follow the link above, and you'll see the 15% Funster Discount is applied and genuine. (y). Thank you Ripe.
Thanks you. This saved me £140?

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Few years now
Tried a quote, says I dont pass the credit check. Baffled on that one as I can get a quote from them via Compare the market .

May 23, 2021
Beds.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Harmony
Exp
Since 2021...
Ripe were the only thing insurers that would offer European breakdown with repatriation on our old (1997) van. 😊

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
Vanbitz is Thatcham Approved. Vanbitz helped write the Thatcham standards for motorhome alarm approval.
Yes Jim but the immobiliser is Fiat. Ripe will not accept Fiats immobiliser. They demand a Thatcham approved immobiliser. My Strickeback is classed by Ripe as a Thatcham ALARM not an IMMOBILISER.

Jul 3, 2022
Somerset
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker
Exp
Since 2022
Thank you, our insurance is due in a couple of weeks and in the process of getting quotes so shall now try Ripe with the discount.

Jul 25, 2020
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend 6617
Exp
Since 2020
Yes Jim but the immobiliser is Fiat. Ripe will not accept Fiats immobiliser. They demand a Thatcham approved immobiliser. My Strickeback is classed by Ripe as a Thatcham ALARM not an IMMOBILISER.
I’m not sure Ripe understand what they’re asking for. They won’t quote if you tick ‘Factory fitted immobiliser’ but will quote if you tick ‘Thatcham Category 2 immobiliser’ which the Fiat fitted immobiliser is. See attachment from Thatcham website.

IMG_1892.png

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Sprinter 416 Auto
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Have used Ripe this year and significantly cheaper than previous insurer last year.
What they're like in the claim department, I haven't a clue. And touch wood won't need too.
If anyone thinking of giving them a go, without stepping on Jim's toes

Jan 25, 2017
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1962

That's a shame limit is max 80yrs old

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
They are the cheapest for me by far as I am shopping around.

Might have a punt. Thanks Jim. 👍

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Much more expensive than AIB for ours when I added on the breakdown and windscreen cover.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
I tried them for my little 5 mtr Leisuredrive but they wouldn’t quote - because it is my solo vehicle. The mileage I do in a year would not exceed what I use to quote for my previous Motorhome! I can only assume that as my van is used daily they consider there is a greater risk.
I’m now with the NFU.

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Just took out a policy. £100 cheaper than the next nearest with 5k windscreen cover and just £200 excess.

Includes EU cover and key cover plus legal.

👍

Aug 24, 2022
Funster No
MH
Autotrail savannah
Exp
The latest renewal quote from AIB has really gone up this year to the point I’ve looked at RIPE and have had a very good quote back from them with the group discount. Thankyou you very much Jim, got a week to secure this quote but AIB doesn’t end until the end of this month anyway 👍

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Few years now
The latest renewal quote from AIB has really gone up this year to the point I’ve looked at RIPE and have had a very good quote back from them with the group discount. Thankyou you very much Jim, got a week to secure this quote but AIB doesn’t end until the end of this month anyway 👍
Probably the best time to buy is now then.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back