I’m thinking of going next year, I can’t find weekend tickets or camping listed
I fancy an enclosure to avoid the crowds
What is a good way to do the weekend
I have a medium budget

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Apache Hi Line 634
I used Kempsford Camping 2 years ago and was blessed was great weather over the 3 days.

Be aware that campsites get booked very quickly, as for enclosures they get booked quickly and have lawned ares and reserved seating in stands which have their own vendors and WCs.

I believe that the large campsite (orange ?) was closed last year and will make others busier - Kempsford is 10 / 15 min walk to the gate max.

RIAT Websites has link for tickets - early bird are available….

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
I have camped at Fairfordairshowcamping (Townsend Farm) in Welford for the last two years even though I only live 8 miles away! It's a 15 minute walk to the yellow entry gate of the show.
I was there from Wednesday arrivals, until Sunday evening. I went into the show on the Friday.
You can check out the RIAT website for their various offerings, but I usually just do general admission rather than paying for enclosures.
I would strongly recommend arriving before the Friday if you're going to camp as you get a better choice of where to go, and can set up without being on top of other units.

This is a link to A Bus and Beyond's video about their experience of RIAT this year, based at the same site. For reference, they were parked up next to me, and their van is just out of sight to the right, below. In the video you'll see my van in the background from time to time. The video will give you a good idea of what you're likely to experience. Oh, and last year we had torrential rain for most of the time, and people were being towed on AND towed off (A Bus and Beyond did a video for last year too..!) but we still had a great time!

DSC_4163-RIAT-lo.jpg

DSC_9612-RIAT24 LO.jpg

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
RMB Concorde
Exp
Since 2010
We’ve used CCC club for few years
I stay on site with the dog while partner walks/cycles in
I’ve always felt I have the best views from the back of the field

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I stayed at Townsend Farm last year and there was plenty of space and a good vibe. I didn't have tickets for the show but I don't think we missed much really as you get a good view from your camping chair.
Getting off the campsite was courtesy of a John Deere tractor as heavy rain soon turned the tracks into mud pools.
A great weekend though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back