Reversing camera - no signal message - Imala 736g (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 19, 2023
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Imala 736g
Hi. My Imala has a Xzent console which includes the camera display when engaging the reverse gear. Auto-trail listed garage tested power at console and camera, saying all working ok, so must be the camera. A second auto-trail listed garage said it's normally the lead that fits to the camera that is the problem, but it only comes with a new camera purchase, which I did. Unfortunately, having swapped the lead and the camera, still getting the same no signal message. Any ideas/thoughts re next steps please?

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
Is the camera only powered when the reverse lights are on? If so, could it be the piggyback power feed from the lights?

Regardless, I'd be checking I can see a 12v power feed at the camera end of the lead.

Another option is to check the video with another monitor. Cheapest ones are about £20 on Amazon and eBay.

OP
OP
W
Feb 19, 2023
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Imala 736g
Is the camera only powered when the reverse lights are on? If so, could it be the piggyback power feed from the lights?

Regardless, I'd be checking I can see a 12v power feed at the camera end of the lead.

Another option is to check theI video with another monitor. Cheapest ones are about £20 on Amazon and eBay.
Just noticed that one of the reversing lights is not working. Hoping this is related. Thanks for the pointer.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back