Reversing Camera Nightmare (1 Viewer)

Jan 6, 2019
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD690G
Exp
Since 2018
Trying to replace my reversing camera has turned into a real nightmare. I had to use an inspection camera to even spot it the cable connector. There is no way it could come out through the 20mm hole. appears the only way to access is by removing the rear flashing. have got this far by removing a couple of screws and lots of sika flex but have got stuck here. looks like there may be a hidden screw behind the high level brake light. Think I may have to cut the as I can't see me prising that off without breaking it. Anyone ever done this on a Burstner TD 690G? Any help would be appreciated.
IMG_4927.JPG

Jan 8, 2018
Faversham, Kent
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo
Hi, How did you get on with the Camera replacement?
I had the same issue but I wasnt brave enough to rip out the flashing so I took the easier route of cutting the cable and buzzing out the wires and connecting the new camera directly to them using jelly filled crimp connectors as used by BT for external joints.

OP
OP
Whizzo
Jan 6, 2019
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD690G
Exp
Since 2018
Wow, thought I was blind to the forum. It was a steep learning process. After digging out tons of sikaflex 522, got to the point in the picture. I quickly realised that there was at least one screw hidden behind the high level brake light. There where actually two. The brake light actually levered off quite easily in the end, but you know what it’s like when it’s the first time you have attempted it. Didn’t spot the second screw initially and ended up cracking the lower half of the trim. Ouch. Oh Please!..!

Anyway, found the hidden 6 pin din connector, covered in sikaflex in a recess in the trim, no way was this coming out without removing.

Fitted new camera from reversing cameras and much better picture than original dometic / weaco Camera for a fraction of the price.

Have glued and touched up initially but didn’t get correct white so need to revisit. So a quick silver and Black union flag venal sticker did the trick.

Actually, the whole event had a plus side, from original there was insufficient sealant to fill the joint on the top edge and the muck from the roof used to get in there and moss would grow. Now it’s sealed completely and looks better than ever.

Mr Mousy

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2013
Llanelli
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840
Exp
First moho 11/2013, second 11/2014 current from 09/2019.
Whizzo

Please can you post a link to your new reversing camera as mine could do with an upgrade. Thanks

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Its not so hard. The connection for the camera is behind the brake light and only fixed by double sided tape.
The major problem with the camera is condensation on the lens. You can dismantle the camera even in situe and clean the lens.
It is a good Idea to seal the upper moulding to stop dirt and moss growth

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Whizzo
Jan 6, 2019
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD690G
Exp
Since 2018
The connection for my camera was in a recess machined into the flashing. It had so much sealant surrounding it there was no way for it to come out without coming off. Yes did strip my camera down several times and got it working again but was unsuccessful at getting it resealed . Eventually it failed completely, hence the new camera.

OP
OP
Whizzo
Jan 6, 2019
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD690G
Exp
Since 2018
BROKEN LINK

I needed the 6 to 4 pin converter cable which plugged straight in and worked out of the box.
The chap I spoke through on the phone was really helpful.

AndraD

Free Member
Aug 13, 2023
Scotland, UK
Funster No
MH
Nexxo T720 (2011)
Exp
18 Months
The flashing on my 2011 Nexxo T720 has 3 vertical cracks in it. I'm assuming these have been caused by moss in behind being wet and frozen at some time.
Are these flashing available to buy so I can replace it?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back