Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Apr 7, 2022
34390 Saint-Étienne-d'Albagnan, France
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 70
Exp
Does anybody else join the race to report a scam before Jim deletes it 🤔

I pride myself in getting in before it vanishes but then wonder how many I totally miss 🤔😁
OK, you've done the small talk, what are you selling, what ever it is, I am not going to be persuaded to give you my card number!!!!!

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
I suspect Jim's server side software blocks 99+% of miscreants before they register let alone manage to create a post. Furthermore, for those who get through the electronic ban hammers, the process of reporting, especially on a new thread, probably hides it from view until Jim get's to wield the big blunt all powerful stick.

The opportunity for us mere mortals to play whack a mole on spammers is a very limited game :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I reported one the other day related to crypto scamming, by the time I'd done the reporting and clicked back the thread had gone ... Obviously Jim thinks I'm special by doing it immediately I'd reported it! 😉

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
reported one the other day related to crypto scamming, by the time I'd done the reporting and clicked back the thread had gone

I think I read some time ago that if if a post has multiple reports, there is something in the forum software that auto shuts it down, until it can be checked

The same happened when I reported it yesterday, late at night I have sometimes questioned my own sanity 🙄😁

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I think I read some time ago that if if a post has multiple reports, there is something in the forum software that auto shuts it down, until it can be checked
Are you trying to imply that I'm NOT special! 😳

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
In our house, someone 'special' has a somewhat different meaning to the dictionary explanation. Normally associated with 'needy' 'precocious' & 'lazy':giggle::giggle::giggle:

Geoff
I'll tell old-mo to come over and give you a bash with his oxygen tank as he's EXTRA special! 😄

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
I reported one the other day related to crypto scamming, by the time I'd done the reporting and clicked back the thread had gone ... Obviously Jim thinks I'm special by doing it immediately I'd reported it! 😉

That's you and me both then. (y)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
That's you and me both then. (y)
Oh dear, that's not good, if we are both special and there are others who are special too then being special isn't so special after all. I'll have to stick with being weird! 🤪

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
I have reported a few in the early hours. I also had the 'message you are trying to report no longer exists' message.

Jan 21, 2014
Middle-Of-Nowhere, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Tardis-Too
Oh dear, that's not good, if we are both special and there are others who are special too then being special isn't so special after all. I'll have to stick with being weird! 🤪
Too Late, Ethel .... You've already had a free shot. ;) ..... (= Pop-Culture "The Streak" reference)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back