Replacing Dometic tec tower 7655 -help please! (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Mr Frosty

Free Member
May 6, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hymer B614SL
Exp
Our Dometic RMD7655L fridge freezer has stopped working. I am given to understand that the model was discontinued some time ago & there is no direct replacement (our model has an oven at the top).
Just wondering if any of you have successfully replaced even just the fridge freezer part and how difficult/expensive it was to do?

I am new to this forum and would be grateful for any advice on how to sort this out.
Many thanks

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
We suffered the same issue, the oven controls are integral on the fridge so can not be separated . We ended up buying a larger fridge freezer the same size as our tech tower and haven’t missed the next to useless oven in five years 🙂👍

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough

This thread of mine is a bit long, but covers our fault through to replacement đź‘Ť

PeterCarole29

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 23, 2013
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Renault Master Fleetwood
Exp
20 years
Hi We have the Dometic fridge freezer tower you speak of we bought it to fit into a project RV we have but recently have been thinking of not finishing the project so it might be going up for sale. I would want to test it on all gas 12v and 240v first before selling it .

Let me know if you might go down this route cheers Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Mr Frosty

Mr Frosty

Free Member
May 6, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hymer B614SL
Exp
Hi David,
Thanks for your reply. Can you tell me what you replaced yours with and whether there were any issues connecting it to the various power sources? We're there any complications with the electronics?

Many thanks

Oct 10, 2018
Bracklesham Bay, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Mr Frosty There should not be any problems fitting another fridge regarding gas, 240v and 12v connections and the replacement fridge will have its own control electronics built in.
If you say which area you are in somebody may be able to suggest a local contact who could help , if you need it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mr Frosty

Mr Frosty

Free Member
May 6, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hymer B614SL
Exp
Thanks for the advice everyone- very helpful

OP
OP
Mr Frosty

Mr Frosty

Free Member
May 6, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hymer B614SL
Exp

This thread of mine is a bit long, but covers our fault through to replacement đź‘Ť
Hi David,
Thanks for your very helpful thread. I really like the look of your replacement fridge freezer but unfortunately this model is now also obsolete so I still need to find something to put where the oven currently is🤔
Thanks again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Mr Frosty

Mr Frosty

Free Member
May 6, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hymer B614SL
Exp
Hi We have the Dometic fridge freezer tower you speak of we bought it to fit into a project RV we have but recently have been thinking of not finishing the project so it might be going up for sale. I would want to test it on all gas 12v and 240v first before selling it .

Thanks Peter, will get back to if we decide to go this way.

Ian

Aug 6, 2014
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since feb 2010

Hi Peter
As a long shot, do you still have the fridge freezer you spoke of above?? Our fridge freezer of the same model has just packed up. I have been told that it has been discontinued but it still needs to be same size as the gap.
Cheers
Ian

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Ian I have a Dometic RMDT 8505 tec tower for sale it’s still in in our van so can be seen working on all modes we are going to replace it with a compressor type in the next week or two

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back