Repairing a CBE M2010 distribution board (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 18, 2019
East Anglia, UK
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner 2001
Exp
Our CBE distribution board (dating from 2001) seems to have gone on the blink.

Two or three circuits out of five are getting no power.

The rear lighting circuit stopped a couple of weeks ago which I put down to a bad connection and ignored. A few days ago the front lighting circuit and radio/TV/entertainment circuits also stopped. Both are showing a few mV.

Heating and gas fridge are still coming on, so it's not all bad.

Fault finding with jongood's help:
  1. 13.4+V coming into the board, batteries with a full charge plus Victron solar
  2. Fuses are fine
  3. Breakers are 50-100mΩ resistance (less than the several 00 on the one I replaced)
  4. Rebooted board by switching off batteries and solar, waiting, then restarting
  5. I can't see any sign of damage to the board
The board is designed to close off circuits, lighting first, to conserve power as the battery voltage drops, so it looks like it is mistakenly doing this.

IMG_20240914_180344474.jpg

I haven't found a schematic or service manual for the unit. One for another version might be helpful.

I could replace the parts myself if I knew where the problem was.

CBE in Italy will repair, only via a dealer, and slow and expensive.

Unless anyone Lenny HB funflair jongood has better ideas, my next port of call is to find someone who can figure out how the cutout circuit works, and replace the faulty component(s).

Steve and Denise Lenny HB said
@Steve and Denise knows a man who repairs them

If anyone has more detailed knowledge of how these boards operate, what might be wrong, or can suggest a repair service, I'd be very grateful!

TIA

John

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Our CBE distribution board (dating from 2001) seems to have gone on the blink.

Two or three circuits out of five are getting no power.

The rear lighting circuit stopped a couple of weeks ago which I put down to a bad connection and ignored. A few days ago the front lighting circuit and radio/TV/entertainment circuits also stopped. Both are showing a few mV.

Heating and gas fridge are still coming on, so it's not all bad.

Fault finding with jongood's help:
  1. 13.4+V coming into the board, batteries with a full charge plus Victron solar
  2. Fuses are fine
  3. Breakers are 50-100mΩ resistance (less than the several 00 on the one I replaced)
  4. Rebooted board by switching off batteries and solar, waiting, then restarting
  5. I can't see any sign of damage to the board
The board is designed to close off circuits, lighting first, to conserve power as the battery voltage drops, so it looks like it is mistakenly doing this.

View attachment 950675

I haven't found a schematic or service manual for the unit. One for another version might be helpful.

I could replace the parts myself if I knew where the problem was.

CBE in Italy will repair, only via a dealer, and slow and expensive.

Unless anyone Lenny HB funflair jongood has better ideas, my next port of call is to find someone who can figure out how the cutout circuit works, and replace the faulty component(s).

Steve and Denise Lenny HB said

If anyone has more detailed knowledge of how these boards operate, what might be wrong, or can suggest a repair service, I'd be very grateful!

TIA

John
Speak to David @ Teleserve Lincoln 👍

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back