Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 25, 2022
Newington, Sittingbourne, Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
July 2022
Hi All, whilst travelling down to the Littlehampton C&M club site yesterday, a seriously fast tipper truck coming around a country lane bend, forced me over to the left into the undergrowth and leaving the MH with a series of 'scratches' down the side. The paint is still intact it’s just those lines that you see, as if someone has taken an eraser and pulled it along the side. What's the best way to deal with these?

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I would say polish with a light cut liquid Farecla or similar, they do take some getting rid of though.

Upvote 0
Jan 16, 2017
Hillingdon
Funster No
MH
Vantage Med
Exp
Since 2017
I had similar with a caravan some years ago. Try using Autoglym car polish or similar, you might be pleasantly surprised.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Nov 8, 2019
Surrey
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2017
I use Autoglym polish, for light scratches simply using a cloth will remove them. For slightly deeper ones I use the polisher. I was very pleasantly surprised the first time I tried this as I thought some of the scratches might be permanent.

Upvote 0

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Rub it over with an antisepti wipe then give it wash

Love the seriously fast tipper truck, I have loads of these marks on mine just because

1 I was down a really narrow lane and the hedges had not been trimmed

2 I moved over to pass something

Tipper trucks and loggers are known for not hanging around but if I'm in a lane that scrapes the van I know they don't fit so I'm safe. ...well until the tractor met me going up a 14% gradient :eek:

There were a number of quarries and forestry where I learnt to drive so.loads of tippers and loggers was told to get out if their way as they are not stopping

Times have changed there was one speeding through my brothers lane (with passing places and weight limit) a number of times

One phone to the company the tracker was checked. Sorry they should not be using that road and yes they were speeding

Not seen the vehicle on the lane since.

I used antiseptic sanitiser and a sock to get similar marks off the hire car in Spain before returning it .it worked I moved over for a seriously fast taxi who came around a bend on my side of the road

That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. :wink:

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
T-cut would probably remove them.

Hopefully it is dirt transferred from the branches to the bodywork.

Use 'Muc Off' if it is dirt.
Use T-cut if it is scratches
Don't use T cut on a Motorhome it's not suitable for pre coated aluminium or GRP.

Upvote 0
Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Don't use T cut on a Motorhome it's not suitable for pre coated aluminium or GRP.
If it's the ammonia in T-cut that's the issue then Farécla G3 fine is water based and is very good.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back