Relay 2008 2.2 HDi - Engine temp sensor not working (4 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Dec 19, 2011
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi - seeing as my engine temp sensor does not move at all and the OBD scanner says there's a temp problem I figured I'd buy a new one (only cheap). I've googled but can't find a resource that shows me where I'll find this on the engine. Appreciate any pointers to where it would be located - hopefully not too challenging to get to

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
Hi - seeing as my engine temp sensor does not move at all and the OBD scanner says there's a temp problem I figured I'd buy a new one (only cheap). I've googled but can't find a resource that shows me where I'll find this on the engine. Appreciate any pointers to where it would be located - hopefully not too challenging to get to
Does your OBD scanner give a reported temperature? Could it also be the thermostat is stuck open?

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Don’t know that engine, but normally the temp sensor is near where the top radiator hose leaves the engine, it will be before the thermostat, and in the head of the engine not the block.

OP
OP
S
Dec 19, 2011
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
I believe so : copied from internet:
Re: Citroen Relay 2.2 33 hdi 120PSA (Citroen and Peugeot) used a 120 PS version of the Ford Puma engine in their cars and vans at this time, and called them HDI engines. they would have a capacity of 2198 cc, same as the 100 PS version also fitted to some vans in the whole range

car check says: RELAY 35 L3H2 120 LWB HR PV

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

• Back