LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Being an igneramence why would anyone want to put themselves in a totally vulnerable position on the road?
These things are totally stupid on todays roads.
Before anyone replies most road users do pay a VED to use the roads that gives them more entitlement to be on the road than a cyclist 👍 no question 🙂
Quite happy not paying for my entitlement and HMG giving it to me Free of Charge for cycling, whereas you, as a motorist, have to purchase your entitlement in the high majority of cases.

I cycle on disused railway lines and along rivers or canals mostly so I dont have to meet drivers with a potentially rather poor attitude to other road users.

In answer to your point about putting oneself in a vulnerable position on the road, why would anyone write that on a forum that could be located if they were involved in a KSI with a recumbent bike ? Now that would be a vulnerable position, yet you still did it.

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Quite happy not paying for my entitlement and HMG giving it to me Free of Charge for cycling, whereas you, as a motorist, have to purchase your entitlement in the high majority of cases.

I cycle on disused railway lines and along rivers or canals mostly so I dont have to meet drivers with a potentially rather poor attitude to other road users.

In answer to your point about putting oneself in a vulnerable position on the road, why would anyone write that on a forum that could be located if they were involved in a KSI with a recumbent bike ? Now that would be a vulnerable position, yet you still did it.
Not sure what you are going on about ? But I think lying on a public highway is a more vulnerable position than riding a normal bike that is much more visible to drivers, quite simple really🙂

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Not sure what you are going on about ? But I think lying on a public highway is a more vulnerable position than riding a normal bike that is much more visible to drivers, quite simple really🙂
Perhaps someone who rides a recumbent bike has no other alternative owing to injury or illness is the answer to your question. Yet they would still like to ride a bike for their wellbeing and they have an entitlement to do so

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Perhaps someone who rides a recumbent bike has no other alternative owing to injury or illness is the answer to your question. Yet they would still like to ride a bike for their wellbeing and they have an entitlement to do so
I did not say they had no entitlement to do what they want🙂

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I have an upright riding position on a cross bike at the moment. I reckon I will do a suck it and see but my current theory is to raise the handlebars up and lower the seat, which should verticalise the back a tad more. How much I can stand a vertical back is all about time but a lot of my weight will be taken by by cute but perfectly formed derriere so I m hoping spine compression is going to be less of an issue and the legs nerve endings can have a good workout
You could add a thud buster seat post to your straight up riding position.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back