LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Being an igneramence why would anyone want to put themselves in a totally vulnerable position on the road?
These things are totally stupid on todays roads.
Before anyone replies most road users do pay a VED to use the roads that gives them more entitlement to be on the road than a cyclist 👍 no question 🙂
Quite happy not paying for my entitlement and HMG giving it to me Free of Charge for cycling, whereas you, as a motorist, have to purchase your entitlement in the high majority of cases.

I cycle on disused railway lines and along rivers or canals mostly so I dont have to meet drivers with a potentially rather poor attitude to other road users.

In answer to your point about putting oneself in a vulnerable position on the road, why would anyone write that on a forum that could be located if they were involved in a KSI with a recumbent bike ? Now that would be a vulnerable position, yet you still did it.

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Quite happy not paying for my entitlement and HMG giving it to me Free of Charge for cycling, whereas you, as a motorist, have to purchase your entitlement in the high majority of cases.

I cycle on disused railway lines and along rivers or canals mostly so I dont have to meet drivers with a potentially rather poor attitude to other road users.

In answer to your point about putting oneself in a vulnerable position on the road, why would anyone write that on a forum that could be located if they were involved in a KSI with a recumbent bike ? Now that would be a vulnerable position, yet you still did it.
Not sure what you are going on about ? But I think lying on a public highway is a more vulnerable position than riding a normal bike that is much more visible to drivers, quite simple really🙂

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Not sure what you are going on about ? But I think lying on a public highway is a more vulnerable position than riding a normal bike that is much more visible to drivers, quite simple really🙂
Perhaps someone who rides a recumbent bike has no other alternative owing to injury or illness is the answer to your question. Yet they would still like to ride a bike for their wellbeing and they have an entitlement to do so

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Perhaps someone who rides a recumbent bike has no other alternative owing to injury or illness is the answer to your question. Yet they would still like to ride a bike for their wellbeing and they have an entitlement to do so
I did not say they had no entitlement to do what they want🙂

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I have an upright riding position on a cross bike at the moment. I reckon I will do a suck it and see but my current theory is to raise the handlebars up and lower the seat, which should verticalise the back a tad more. How much I can stand a vertical back is all about time but a lot of my weight will be taken by by cute but perfectly formed derriere so I m hoping spine compression is going to be less of an issue and the legs nerve endings can have a good workout
You could add a thud buster seat post to your straight up riding position.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back