Recommendations Needed

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Lunar Newstar 58L
Exp
Newb
Hello you lovely people,

Having not being able to get away in the van for most of this year, I'm now determined to get away the last weekend of November (just finally had an op so on the road to recovery now}

I'm looking for a site, within 3 hour drive of Manchester, next to, or a short walk from a village or somewhere with pub grub. Coast would be a bonus, but not that bothered.

Just had a look at the likes of Haven and Park Dean but all closed at the end of this month.

Rather than me searching wildly, does anyone know of somewhere I could look at.

Thanks in advance for your help, desperate to get away.

Siblo

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Have you tried looking on search for sites website..
You can narrow down the search for open all year and location..

Does it need to be a campsite ? do you need EHU ? We often do a few town stops during the winter months, staying over on car parks that allow you to overnight and hence in the middle of towns. Ie Shrewsbury, Chester, Worcester and a lot of council car parks in Powys allow stopovers. No facilities so it does depend on how long you plan to be away.

Southport is a favourite for us as well, we used to stay at the pleasureland car park.. BUT what was once £5 a night is now £20 !!! Last visit we stayed at the scouts place, a bit dearer but closer to town and cash goes to charity. https://www.watersidelodge.co.uk/caravan-site..

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Gibraltar Farm Silverdale. Great facilities, icecream and raw milk for sale. A 10 minute walk into town with pubs and restaurants and takeaways plus a Co op for shopping.
Straight up the M61 to M6 then off left on Junc.35A

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
If you don't really need a site and can manage with the vans shower etc, how about St Annes, Blackpool or Fleetwood all have dedicated motorhome parking areas and St Annes has water and waste area

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back