Free Member
Sep 28, 2021
Lincoln, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Corinium
Exp
Since 2016
We are just back from 18 nights away. Annoyingly the rear view camera died on day 3. I emailed the company (echomaster) who said it could be due to the reversing light blowing, (it wasn't) or the connections coming loose. I then emailed SMC Newark where we had the motorhome from to ask if I could take it in for the connections to be checked but they said when cameras fail there is nothing they can do to repair it & it will need a whole new system wiring in costing around Ā£840.

Is this the going rate? Does anyone know a company in the Lincs/Notts/Derbys area that don't charge the earth? I am not able to do the work myself.

OP
OP
TinSte

TinSte

Free Member
Sep 28, 2021
Lincoln, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Corinium
Exp
Since 2016
Hi
Thats is outrageous šŸ˜³ the rear camera will have a push on connector where it goes into the back of your vehicle. Should be an easy fit, get the part number just change the camera.
Ebay !
Had a look on ebay, the exact same system is Ā£209.99 so they are charging Ā£630 for fitting.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
TinSte

TinSte

Free Member
Sep 28, 2021
Lincoln, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Corinium
Exp
Since 2016
I would try and find where the wiring enters the back of the van, make sure you have power to it.you could also try with the ignition on and in reverse no need to start the engine. When dark you should be able to see the infrared if you cant try looking through you phones camera ours detects the infrared when not visible this would tell you if you have power there.
Hubby was on nights last couple of nights so only just tried this, unfortunately no infrared.

Upvote 0
Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
If. There is no infrared hopefully inside the van where the camera is mounted you may be able to find where the wiring enters the van. You should check that the power is there. Sometimes even if the camera fails the infrared will still light. On our burstner the infrared is powered via the hab circuit but the camera picture will only appear where reverse is engaged

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
TinSte

TinSte

Free Member
Sep 28, 2021
Lincoln, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Corinium
Exp
Since 2016
Had a look on ebay, the exact same system is Ā£209.99 so they are charging Ā£630 for fitting.
Just seen it even cheaper on ebay, Ā£119.99 so how can they justify charging Ā£840 with fitting?? Total rob dogs.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back