Rear Axle overhang / air suspension ?…

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Since 2020
Hi All
Some of the circa 9m tag axles MH have a large overhang .Is the chance of grounding out common ? And if so will semi air suspension overcome this problem ? I spoke to a chap at the NEC on the VB stand . I asked him what extra clearance I could expect to achieve if semi air was fitted . Sadly he didn’t know and was going to get my local dealer to contact me …..mmmm….I am still waiting . Also , anyone had it done ? Was it worth it and may I ask approx cost .
Also any recommendations for a good supplier/ installer .
Thank you .

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
We have GS on our double axle, this in itself already raises the back end quite a bit just in normal ride mode. Then of course you can increase either end as required although for ferry boarding they always suggest to reverse on if you’re likely to ground. This year we did a Norway trip and took in some fairly adventurous routes with many sharp inclines, no issues what so ever and never had to play around with the suspension.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
carthago e line 64xl
Exp
Our carthago e64 had air on the rear when we got it cannot believe the difference in ride quality the ability to lower it if plot too far out for the levellers and to lift it on tight slopes although we did not need to lift it on a 5000 mile trip to Norway. It was fitted by SAP at Doncaster.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
July 2022
Can't comment on the extra height difference but we had VB semi air fitted to rear of our Burstner in 2022. Rosmia in Sussex fitted it for £1500, that included the compressor so you could adjust from the cab without visiting a garage to find an air hose. Would recommend.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
I fitted air assist to the rear of my 7.2m van which raised the rear by 100mm at 2.5-3 bar.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back