Rear air suspension (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Mar 2, 2023
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
I am considering rear air suspension on my A class carthago(2016), what has been your experience if you have fitted rear air to yours, pros & cons please?

Nov 19, 2017
Funster No
MH
Hobby Siesta
Exp
Since 1989
2014 Hobby Siesta. Came with rear air and compressor.
Pros... stability in company with heavy lorries on motorways, doesn't waver about so gives you confidence.
Ability to raise and lower the rear if needed, like no bottoming out leaving my steep local garage.
Cons....cost I suppose
Something else to maintain/worry about
I would fit it myself if I didn't have it already

Jul 31, 2022
Norfolk Broads
Funster No
MH
Adria
Exp
I fitted myself on Adria compact 2021 just a few weeks ago. Mainly to raise rear when boarding ferry etc. it’s made a great difference to stability when passing trucks on motorways & when those sprinter vans come pad you flat out!! So highly recommend,

May 21, 2021
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote 740FGJ
Exp
Since 1986
Had 2C full air fitted to my last Motorhome (Autosleeper) and due the the strange Alko chassis the cost was nearly 5K, Personally, the only real advantage was, I was able to raise the tail end when boarding ferries, as for a better ride, I could'nt really say.
It did up the payload which was a help.
The Autosleeper had 15" wheels and my new motorhome has 16" wheels which feels better when cornering and less jittery when overtaking trucks a speed

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
I fitted myself on Adria compact 2021 just a few weeks ago. Mainly to raise rear when boarding ferry etc. it’s made a great difference to stability when passing trucks on motorways & when those sprinter vans come pad you flat out!! So highly recommend,
Likewise I fitted my own to my Adria Alko chassis in 2012, it’s very effective at reducing sway with passing traffic and high winds, this year had to replace both airbags so a very good lifespan all things considered,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back