Re map horrors

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Since 2020
Hi All
I am thinking of have my fiat 2021 fiat 2.2 with the 9 speed auto re mapped . I hear various positive things about the benefits of re mapping .
Has anyone had any nightmares or issues after they have had their van re mapped ?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
Not something I’ve ever considered and never will, our 150 2.3 is more than enough and our previous 130 was alright.
Increasing the fuel going through is the only way power is increased and that can have adverse affect on the rest of the system.
My friends Landrover was done and whilst it was a little more powerful it was also very sooty.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Had our Peugeot Boxer 2.2 remapped 6 years ago with a Quantum remap, and no problems associated with it since then.
There are the usual unsubstantiated "my mate down the pub said" problems like shortening the life of the clutch, but these would be down to poor driving style.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Since 2020
Just wondering why you'd need it remapped we have the 2.2 with 180hp 9spd and it goes brilliantly much better than our older 2.3one?
Hi MichaelT
We have the 160 bhp and we tow a small car .
I find it a bit underpowered on steep hills. I so wish I had gone for the 180 bhp. I am told it’s the same engine but just mapped differently??
May I ask what year your is ? There are so many engines in these I get confused. I think mine being a 21 was the last run out before the series 8.
Incidentally fiat have dropped the 160 bhp now I believe you can only get 120, 140 Or the 180 bhp .

Upvote 0

Jim

Ringleader
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I've always thought the whole industry a bit of smoke and mirror. I wonder how much the effect of a remap is just a placebo, someone tells you it will be better, charges you loads of money and you convince yourself it is. You really believe it. You believe it so much, you'll rush on here to tell me I'm Sooo wrong '\

Just like someone I know, a sensible and intelligent chap who, no matter what I said, insisted he got an extra 5 to 10 mpg by aligning fuel molecules by using some expensive special earth magnets he bought clamped around his fuel line. ..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Since 2020
I've always thought the whole industry a bit of smoke and mirror. I wonder how much the effect of a remap is just a placebo, someone tells you it will be better, charge you loads of money and you convince yourself it is. You really believe it. You believe it so much, you'll rush on here to tell me I'm sooo wrong '\

Just like someone I know, a sensible and intelligent chap who, no matter what I said, insisted he got an extra 5 to 10 mpg by aligning fuel molecules by using some expensive special earth magnets he bought clamped around his fuel line. ..
lol . Very good point

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Just wondering why you'd need it remapped we have the 2.2 with 180hp 9spd and it goes brilliantly much better than our older 2.3one?
I too don't understand why anyone would want the new 2.2 remapping.

Maybe to reduce the power I'm always going too fast in mine. 🤣

Upvote 0

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Hi MichaelT
We have the 160 bhp and we tow a small car .
I find it a bit underpowered on steep hills. I so wish I had gone for the 180 bhp. I am told it’s the same engine but just mapped differently??
May I ask what year your is ? There are so many engines in these I get confused. I think mine being a 21 was the last run out before the series 8.
Incidentally fiat have dropped the 160 bhp now I believe you can only get 120, 140 Or the 180 bhp .
It's 2024 on a carthago compactline at 4t.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back