Questions to the forum

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Actively Researching
We are selling up, yep everything, and leaving the carousel so here are a few questions for the experts, there's a ton of info on the interweb, too much 🙄, but I'd rather ask the peeps who live it!

How do you maintain a UK footprint (as we will have no offical home address) for GP, postal/proof of address for future return and buying a new home?

Which Medical Insurance is best?

Pet Insurance (Already have Pet passport)?

Which Security devices are essential without it adding armour plating, canons and anti personel mines, which is illegal?

Worth getting a roll of fake grass or outdoor mat?

Internet access will be essential, how does that work?

Controversial subject, generator or powerbank?

I should imagine that a lot of sites will already be getting booked up, as we are still planning, which areas welcome off site parking for a limited time only as I forsee we will struggle to get the best sites?

What is the average cost per night at an established site with ablutions, power, water etc?

We are mega serious about this, it will happen so any other recommendations will be welcome?

Thanks in advance campers!

OP
OP
R
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Actively Researching
If it makes it easier as Ive asked a lot here, DM me to prevent the forum getting clogged up,

Upvote 0

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Take one question at a time and read as much as you can and watch YouTube. Until you've lived the life (which I haven't) its not really possible for most of us to offer good advice on every aspect, but there is plenty of good info in the forum itself for some if your questions.

Some will suggest not taking any notice of you tubers but my suggestion is to watch as many as you can BUT don't believe everyone you watch and don't get sucked into buying everything that they promote.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
Take one question at a time and read as much as you can and watch YouTube. Until you've lived the life (which I haven't) its not really possible for most of us to offer good advice on every aspect, but there is plenty of good info in the forum itself for some if your questions.

Some will suggest not taking any notice of you tubers but my suggestion is to watch as many as you can BUT don't believe everyone you watch and don't get sucked into buying everything that they promote.
Last sentance is most important, they get paid to advertise most of the stuff so its the dogs dandlies till they get the next new freebie then that becomes the best.
Next best advice is do as chaser has said and pay your membership, the advise and knowledge you will get back is well worth ÂŁ20

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
You asked a lot of questions for which most have many answers depending on circumstances and preferences.
I'd suggest paying to become a full member, slowing down a little and addressing one question at a time.

Full time living in a motorhome is a dream for many, but it isn't simple or easy and you need to be sure you're not looking through rose tinted glasses.
Good luck with your plans

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
The search function on here will provide answers to all your questions but you need to be a member.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
So here's a thing…. a couple of posts above have challenged the OP to pay a subscription rather than take advantage of the initial free posts which Fun allows.

I see this it a bit like on a 2 lane road which then merges into 1… those on the inside lane queuing getting miffed by those who stay in the outside lane and merge into the inside lane at the point of lane reduction… Those in the outside lane are doing nothing wrong ( and following signage to merge), yet many in the inside lane moan.

The OP is entitled to make use of free posts and after which they can decide if they wish to subscribe, But responding to perfectly reasonable questions with a reply which tells them they need to subscribe is in my opinion, really quite unwelcoming and unnecessary.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
May I welcome a possible new member and wish him luck and fun for the future.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
So here's a thing…. a couple of posts above have challenged the OP to pay a subscription rather than take advantage of the initial free posts which Fun allows.

I see this it a bit like on a 2 lane road which then merges into 1… those on the inside lane queuing getting miffed by those who stay in the outside lane and merge into the inside lane at the point of lane reduction… Those in the outside lane are doing nothing wrong ( and following signage to merge), yet many in the inside lane moan.

The OP is entitled to make use of free posts and after which they can decide if they wish to subscribe, But responding to perfectly reasonable questions with a reply which tells them they need to subscribe is in my opinion, really quite unwelcoming and unnecessary.
Sorry, don't agree. The OP wants, and needs, a wealth of information for a huge change of lifestyle much of which he will find with the search facility, unavailable to non subscribers. Joining the forum for ÂŁ20 is a drop in the ocean for the help and advice he will receive now and in the future.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975

The OP asked for advice, the Funsters who advised them to become a member, IMO was giving very good advice because, there is more by becoming a member that can be accessed.
Unlimited posted questions, access to Fun Rallies (if there's space), being able to use the search facility etc,etc,etc.

As for the example you gave, be honest, don't you get slightly annoyed when everyone else is merging in a ordered way and just before the point, some flash git FORCES their way in causing you to brake so there's not a collision? 🤔

Upvote 0

Jim

Ringleader
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I'm still trying to decide whether this is a spoof post.....

Posts like this one are the pits, being met with rubbish like this, is the very worst and most unfriendly welcome someone can receive when they join. It makes us look sad and cliquey. Help the OP or don’t, but keep rude observations to yourself. Thanks.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back