Question for Adria Twin owners who have upgraded their solar controller.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Since 2018
Calling Adria Twin owners.

The Sun Control NDS SC300M solar controller on mine is rubbish. Only seems to work if I unplug it then plug it back in again, and then only for a short time. I know it’s getting power in from the panel. It’s charging a lithium battery and I have set the jumpers for lithium.

Have you had the same issue and if so what did you replace it with? I’m looking for one which can work with a lithium battery and an app so I know what it’s doing. I had hoped to fit a Victron but was told as there is no negative from the panel the Victron can’t be fitted. Could the new one be plugged into the EBL or was new wiring installed?

Any real life experience of upgrading the standard kit on a Twin would be appreciated.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
since 2016
I fitted this one as I wanted a dual controller to tricke charge my vehicle battery. I had to get a separate Bluetooth attachment so I could monitor it through the app.
Don't know about the lack of a negative wire though. Ours is fed from the exsiating cables that were feeding the original sun controller.
I have lithium as well seems to work well just need to fit a bigger panel now that's the next job.
Our van is a 2019 SLB.
Kenny.

Screenshot_20241006_142129_Chrome.jpg

20241006_143213.jpg

OP
OP
Andy MacD
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Since 2018
Thanks dosser, what about the wiring into the EBL? Have you just wired into the EBL using the legacy multi plug?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC.
Exp
Since 2017
Yes, had the same issue with ours. Replaced it with a Votronic MPPT which works well and also supplies the trickle charge to the starter battery. It doesn’t have Bluetooth though but it does have a lithium setting.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
since 2016
Thanks dosser, what about the wiring into the EBL? Have you just wired into the EBL using the legacy multi plug?
Yes fitted using the legacy plug into the ebl. 👌

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
I upgraded mine, while having the AGM batteries, with a Victron and it was a straight replacement (Adria Twin 2022 SLB).
No idea what you mean about the negative.
After upgrading the controller, I went down the Lithium road and works very well too.
The only issue you'd find is that your NDS should be powering both leisure and vehicle batteries, while the Victron has only one output.
It's connected to the EBL as the old one was.
IMG20240113180350.jpg

The red and black wires are coming from the solar panel. Blue and black, go from the Victron to the EBL through the block 3 connector.
1000013828.jpg

1000013826.jpg

The pin number 2 is the one that powers the starter battery, missing in my wiring, and, probably, present in yours, as your NDS is able to do that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Andy MacD
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Since 2018
Thanks Peavy, I have a battery master so no issues with it not charging the starter battery.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back