LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I am thinking about having a look, see how hard or easy..

Suggestions?
Generally, they're very flexible but just make sure you don't pi** it off!:giggler:
1687763391987.png

Sorry, could resist but away back into my wee corner now!:getmecoat:

Sep 22, 2013
Halifax
Funster No
MH
Relay self-build
Exp
Trainee MH owner
Python is relatively easy and one of the more consistent languages. The power and complexity lies in the libraries that extend the language. Have a go - you might like it. 😀

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
As long as it's not Sloughing it's skin, if handled with respect, they make interesting companions. Not nasty and slimy like some people think!

May 26, 2023
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Swift c404
Exp
I found the children's book 'Coding for Beginners using Python' a brilliant way in. Easy to understand and get to know terminology and basics quickly. Usborne publishing, cant recommend highly enough as a starting point

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
There's a blast from my past - Usborne Publishing! Publishers of brilliant, factually correct and appropriately illustrated where relevant books for kids of all ages. I visited their office in London the one afternoon and had to meet the Director of the broking firm we both worked at there just after lunch so Coventry to Euston on the train as D had other appointments elsewhere (in which I was not involved) earlier. Found the premises easily enough with half an hour to spare so thought I'd have a short meander and discovered the nearby Hatton Garden ...... D was ruddywell late by which time I was desperate for the loo ...... Peter Usborne wasn't in the office that day and I'd have loved to meet that man, who I'd talked to lots of times about his second home in Grasse as he absolutely dealt with his own personal business himself and never involved anyone from his company in it. I asked the lady who dealt with the business insurances how many children/grandchildren he had cos she'd been there for about 20 odd years and the answer was Goodness - I wouldn't know that! Because Peter was elderly, already past normal retirement age then in the noughties it really was just normal curiosity - how on earth had he got involved in children's books - a healthy normal relationship ?? or, errrrrr....... still no idea whatsoever!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I hated it. I come from a background of asm and C. The indent for blocks really threw me and some of the language constructs seem to do thing differently just to be different.

However, I have heard from a number of beginners that they love it so what would I know.

If you are doing any AI stuff then it is a MUST I think. Other than that it is a personal choice I think.

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
If you don't know any computer languages then the first one is a steep learning curve, whatever you choose. You'll find out what loops, branches and events are, how to divide your code into modules, and how to test each module so that you know it does what it's supposed to do. And how to re-use other people's modules to save you re-inventing the wheel all the time.

All computer languages work like that, so if you want to learn a second language you already know the general way to solve the problem, but you just need to learn how the new language does all these things. It's like driving a car, motorbike or big truck. The details are very different, but the general idea is the same.

Python is a good choice to start coding. It's not overburdened with pedantic commas and semicolons and is not super-strict on data typing. But it can be used for the most powerful and complex software too.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back