LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
Hiya knowledgeable peeps. We have booked tickets for 2 days in September, but when I booked it didn't give me the option of Cinescienie show. Didn't realise you had to book sep tickets for this -now stumped as to how to get tickets without re purchasing day tickets. Tried website x100 -online chat boy - app- tourist info etc etc - they keep saying we can book sep on line but really cant ! Do you know if we can get tickets on the day when we get there. Alternative ordeal f trying to phone them fills me with terror xxx Also it may be booked as not showing available entrance tickets for that day :cry:

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Hiya knowledgeable peeps. We have booked tickets for 2 days in September, but when I booked it didn't give me the option of Cinescienie show. Didn't realise you had to book sep tickets for this -now stumped as to how to get tickets without re purchasing day tickets. Tried website x100 -online chat boy - app- tourist info etc etc - they keep saying we can book sep on line but really cant ! Do you know if we can get tickets on the day when we get there. Alternative ordeal f trying to phone them fills me with terror xxx Also it may be booked as not showing available entrance tickets for that day :cry:
It could be that the option wasn't shown because there were no tickets available for your dates, if you're visiting outside school holidays you might be lucky if you ask when you arrive, most of the customer facing staff speak English.

OP
OP
Kirsten

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks Chris, booked early as meaning to go for years, now still showing available if you book with attendance / day tickets , will be gutted if we miss out on the show. Google translate and a phone call I fear, but will also try on day if that doesn’t work.👍🏻

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Their customer facing staff speak excellent English if Bonjour is the limit of your French like me.

Apr 7, 2014
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLI 580
Exp
Since 2002
We booked ours online just a couple of days before but this was with entrance tickets as well. I think they release cancelled tickets etc at short notice. Good luck because it is brilliant.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Kirsten

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
Thank you all ! Booked via tourism board not PdF site initially [error ] and didn't get any options to book anything else other than park.. Big girl pants on !! been trying to call but number cuts off, got another page with an email query option direct to P d F so tried that with google translate. Response gave me booking number which I will try later if no joy from email . Is it me ? overly complex but hint for others book via Puy de Fou website. and ps I can ask for wine n beer as well as bonjour but sadly yes Brit abroad xx

Nov 8, 2019
Surrey
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2017
Keep trying, I know it’s a pain but I very much doubt you’ll be able to get tickets on the day and it really is worth seeing.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Thank you all ! Booked via tourism board not PdF site initially [error ] and didn't get any options to book anything else other than park.. Big girl pants on !! been trying to call but number cuts off, got another page with an email query option direct to P d F so tried that with google translate. Response gave me booking number which I will try later if no joy from email . Is it me ? overly complex but hint for others book via Puy de Fou website. and ps I can ask for wine n beer as well as bonjour but sadly yes Brit abroad xx
If you get through and ask if they speak English please, I find that if the person answering the phone does not then they will ask you to hold on while they fetch someone who does.

OP
OP
Kirsten

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
Tried phoning multiple times got cut off each time- Wrote long google translated letter directly to the reservations centre as at last found link.Had a reply back stating I can apply by phone or by email but same advice as before, however it had another website link for tickets so I checked on it to make sure the show was on that day - and they had a special offer for day tickets clearly advertised WITH Cinescienie admission for less than I paid initially for day on own- so booked 2 more tickets for same [second ] day . Thought it would just be easier .... sod the cost in fleeting moment of despair.
Now had an email receipt for the 2 tickets [looks different to PDF of the original one booked via tourism ]but again it still didn't say that the Cinescienie was included.
Checked on the app and it says Cinescienie is NOT INCLUDED and that only one adult ticket was booked not 2 . I am giving up now , as trying to book trip round Puy de fou was already resulting in Domestic Discord before we got these emails.
Tempers frayed to melting [dont ask about the freezer delivery fiasco today ]
But thank you all for your helpful replies. Watch this space .... back to the phone tomorrow .

Aug 4, 2021
Haslington, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and Bischof
Tried phoning multiple times got cut off each time- Wrote long google translated letter directly to the reservations centre as at last found link.Had a reply back stating I can apply by phone or by email but same advice as before, however it had another website link for tickets so I checked on it to make sure the show was on that day - and they had a special offer for day tickets clearly advertised WITH Cinescienie admission for less than I paid initially for day on own- so booked 2 more tickets for same [second ] day . Thought it would just be easier .... sod the cost in fleeting moment of despair.
Now had an email receipt for the 2 tickets [looks different to PDF of the original one booked via tourism ]but again it still didn't say that the Cinescienie was included.
Checked on the app and it says Cinescienie is NOT INCLUDED and that only one adult ticket was booked not 2 . I am giving up now , as trying to book trip round Puy de fou was already resulting in Domestic Discord before we got these emails.
But thank you all for your helpful replies. Watch this space .... back to the phone tomorrow .
Can yodeli not help? I have read great things about her helping people out with the language barrier...🥰

Aug 30, 2021
Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
Rimor Evo 95
Exp
Since March 2022
Here’s current availability for September (and August for comparison) according to the Puy du Fou App, as of this morning.

IMG_0477.png

IMG_0476.png

It appears that planned opening of both site and Cinescenie drops off significantly after August. As you can see Cinescenie availability for September is limited to 6th, 7th and 14th September. Where the ‘shark fin’ (?) symbol changes from blue to red means that PdF offer a wonderful night time illuminated laser and music display on the main lake within the main PdF park called ‘Les Noces de Feu’, which finishes as 22:30.

There is a more detailed calendar on the PdF website but the facts are the same. However, if you do still go, we recommend downloading the App as it is extremely capable and gives you real time show timings when you’re there, auto show ‘commentary’ (use Airpods or similar) in English if you need it, you can book tickets via it and loads of really helpful info to plan and when you arrive at the main site (as it also has a gps enabled map to help you navigate across the large main site area).

Stick with it as if first time visiting PdF you are likely to never forget such an awe inspiring experience. We have visited six or so times over the last 20 years and it never disappoints (and in some gets better all the time despite increasing popularity with visitors).

Hope this helps and good luck with your booking - we found it reasonably straightforward when we booked on line in Dec’22 for our visit to both ‘events’ last June.

Bonne chance! 🤞

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hi!

Not used to all this (I mean the whole stuff Puy du Fou and what kind of ticket you get and what for precisely) so can you send me the link where you got your tickets so I can have the equivalent in French and clearly ...in one post please , it's too difficult for me to go through all the posts and try to get what's up. Then tell what you want today so I can call and see what can be done
My mobile number 0033682050584 . You can call me on whatsapp for free. Please do keep in mind that the little ones I childmind have an afternoon nap and so mobile is on silence from 1.30pm to 4.30pm . I don't take any call while they sleep (and leave my ears alone!!!)

Will try my best to help

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I've been twice to Puy de Fou and never managed to get tickets for the big show. However your regular tickets incude the regular evening show which is very good so I wouldn't bother.

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
I disagree. Have been to Put du Fou I think 4 times but only once seen Cinescenie. Utterly awesome is the only way I can describe it.

We thought our tickets included it until we showed them to go in and were refused entry. It's a completely different part of the place. We asked about an upgrade and were asked to wait for what seemed like an eternity as thousands of people streamed in.

Then we were sent to a pay booth from where we were collected and taken up inside the stand and shown to a bench high up beside the technical crew. We were told not to move, and taken out the same way at the end of the show.

It's known as France's best kept secret.

OP
OP
Kirsten

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
Thank you all - again. Have messaged Yodeli, and will sort out the 20 emails and receipts and translated bits we have so far tomorrow and send to her

PS love this forum and those who live in it xx

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back