Rowley Regis, West Midlands, UK
Funster No
MH
AT F60 on order
Exp
Awaiting delivery of new MH, ordered at NEC Oct 2023
I'm unable to turn them on.
Account/preferences/enable
It says push notifications blocked, if I enable them, it doesn't change the status of them, just leaves the option ticked.

Any ideas anyone please?

Upvote 0

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Push notifications only work when you are using the app. If you install fun as an app. Then, after you have given permission, you get "Notifications" on your phone, just like other apps.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
I take it that the App is Android only as I can’t see anything in the Apple App Store? Jim

Upvote 0

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Upvote 0
Oct 22, 2023
Funster No
MH
AT F60 on order
Exp
I'm sure I already have it installed as an app.
1000013079.jpg

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
The browser version on windows/chrome also wants to enable push notifications
push notifications.jpg

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Now this is the first time I have heard of a fun app.
When folks have asked about it before Jim has always said there isn't an app it's just a link to a website that you put on your screen.
So now have we actually got an app or not.?

Upvote 0

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
how do you switch them off ??

As it has always been. Everything is controlled by your preferences.

You can turn them off completely, or if you choose to keep them on, you can tailor exactly what you get push notifications for. Just uncheck what you don't want.

For instance, you could ask to get a notification for when a classified is added to a certain category, that way, you'll know the moment an item is added for sale because your phone will notify you. Or maybe you are in a social group, where the posts are not on the front page, you can ask to be notified about a new post, or someone adds an item to journal entry etc.

I find them very useful, but they are easy to turn off if you think they are a pain in the arse.

1714640080500.png

Upvote 0
Nov 14, 2018
Europe
Funster No
MH
A grey one
Exp
since 1996
When folks have asked about it before Jim has always said there isn't an app it's just a link to a website that you put on your screen.
So now have we actually got an app or not.?
There is no app, to speak off. If you follow the link Jim posted in #7 it explains how to do it. Basically if you use Safari on your iOs device (iphone, iPad etc.) ope it and go to go to the motorhomefun home page, then at the bottom of the screen click on the square with an arrow pointing upwards. Scroll down until you see Add to Home Screen press the + sign and you are done. The 'app' (PWA) will appear as an app on your screen. I don't have Android, but I suspect it's a similar process.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

We configured the forum for Web app functionality a couple of years ago, but that was only on Android. Apple doesn't like web apps because they cannot earn money from them. Last year, we finally got the ability to use web apps on apple. Only for apple to then remove it from the EU over a privacy spat. Luckily, not being in the EU, we kept the ability to deploy web apps.

Web apps can now be added to the app stores, but its just as easy to install them without. See this help file.

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We configured the forum for Web app functionality a couple of years ago, but that was only on Android. Apple doesn't like web apps because they cannot earn money from them. Last year, we finally got the ability to use web apps on apple. Only for apple to then remove it from the EU over a privacy spat. Luckily, not being in the EU, we kept the ability to deploy web apps.

Web apps can now be added to the app stores, but its just as easy to install them without. See this help file.

Wasn't criticiseing Jim I'm quite happy as it is, just that I thought there wasn't an app as such, in fact I don't see that it makes any difference anyway. (y)

Upvote 0
Oct 22, 2023
Funster No
MH
AT F60 on order
Exp
The only way I could enable them was to 'hard' press the Motorhome Fun icon, click the (!) button & enable permissions there. As it's not an app, I can't do it through my normal phone settings & it didn't work via 'preferences'.

Upvote 0

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The only way I could enable them was to 'hard' press the Motorhome Fun icon, click the (!) button & enable permissions there. As it's not an app, I can't do it through my normal phone settings & it didn't work via 'preferences'.

If you have installed the app properly, it will work on your phone just like any other app. You be able to set notifications up just like any other native app (y)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back