Puncture repair kit (1 Viewer)

Jun 27, 2021
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Twelve months and still learning.
I know I am getting battier by the day, but I am almost certain that our Ducato PVC (which we have had for three years) came with one of those cans of sealant and an electric pump. I seem to remember seeing it stashed somewhere where I made a mental note on imaginary paper as to where I could find it again. Guess what? I can't find it.

As the van has never had a spare wheel I treated it to a new bottle of sealant so want to chuck out the old one.

Anyone any idea where it might be or alternatively the number of the men in white coats to take me away?

OP
OP
U.Toadifact
Jun 27, 2021
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Tried all suggestions. Thanks to all but I must put it down to atrophied neurocytes or imagined memory 'cos I have found no trace of out of date tyre sealant.

I must have travelled thousands of miles with no emergency tyre repair.

All now rectified as best I can as there is no way I can carry a spare wheel or even just a tyre.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

PeterCarole29

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 23, 2013
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Renault Master Fleetwood
Exp
20 years
Tried all suggestions. Thanks to all but I must put it down to atrophied neurocytes or imagined memory 'cos I have found no trace of out of date tyre sealant.

All now rectified as best I can as there is no way I can carry a spare wheel or even just a tyre.
Have any of the breakdown services changed there policy for recovery for a van with flat tyre in the uk or abroad if you havent got emergency repair or spare tyre.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
U.Toadifact
Jun 27, 2021
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
I haven't seen many vehicles stranded for days on end waiting for replacement tyres so I can only assume some recovery companies will take action when necessary.

Many cars, let alone vans and campers come with only a sealant kit nowadays.

Upvote 0
Jan 7, 2023
Bath, UK
Funster No
MH
Fleurette Wincester
Exp
Since Jan 2023

You should post the new container's location on here, just in case in a few months time ....

Upvote 0
Mar 30, 2022
Funster No
MH
Swift Suntor 590RL
Have any of the breakdown services changed there policy for recovery for a van with flat tyre in the uk or abroad if you havent got emergency repair or spare tyre.
No idea but the AA refused to come out to me 2 years ago saying that according to their system my van wasn't taxed and therefore they couldn't change my wheel as it was illegal to put an untaxed vehicle on the road.
I provided them with a screen shot of the DVLA tax checker site showing my van was taxed.
However they wouldn't accept that saying that my tax might have expired and their system was up to date so correct.
Finally I found the DVLA confirmation email showing that I had taxed the van in full for 12 months and forwarded them that.
It then took them 6 hours to check and confirm I was taxed and they could send someone out to me.
By now it had been 8 hours since first contacting them.
4 hours later they turned up then told me that my spare was illegal so it was against the law to fit it.
I'd had enough and told them to F off.
I got a private garage to change the wheel the following day and cancelled my AA membership.
The van has passed the last 2 MOT's with that tyre on it !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 28, 2022
Western France
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
Since 2006
I haven't seen many vehicles stranded for days on end waiting for replacement tyres so I can only assume some recovery companies will take action when necessary.

Many cars, let alone vans and campers come with only a sealant kit nowadays.
Neither of our Ducati-based 6m motorhomes have had a spare nor any room for one. We've been lucky and never had a problem all over France, Spain and Portugal. The last one of those kits leaked latex gloop all over the place and was thrown away. There is no "home" for it and it is just loose in the boot.
Our Mk7 Golf would have come with a space saver spare but I ordered a full-size spare wheel. Unfortunately that big slab of aluminium collects condensation all winter and I often find a cm of water in the boot. I leave very absorbent micro fibre cloths in there to soak it up.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back