Puncture in France

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Bravaria i740 AClass
Got a puncture Carcassonne aire. Sent for assistance got a spare. If its unrepaireble will they make me buy two. Dont want to as changing to van tyres when i get back.
Do they make you buy two in Spain we could make it there.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
Got a puncture Carcassonne aire. Sent for assistance got a spare. If its unrepaireble will they make me buy two. Dont want to as changing to van tyres when i get back.
Is your spare the same as your punctured one and same as the other one on that axle ?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
It will probably depend on how worn the other tyre is.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Giottiline Toscan 74
Exp
Well here in Spain, they don't 'make you buy 2' but it is surely recommendable depending on the wear.

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
Providing you have enough tread on the other one, you absolutely can buy just one tyre. Some places will only supply two, so shop around. It is absolutely doable :) I know this because I live in France and had just one put on our Zafira once, so you can do it :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
When we had a puncture in France they made me buy two of the same type on the same axel.
Phil

Some will insist on that but it's not necessary. They just want to make more money.

AGT

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Westfalia Columbus
Exp
Since 2021
For the French controle technique (MoT) it’s a minor to have different tyres on the same axle which means that you get two months to reappear at the testing station with the same tyres fitted across the axle. So, you should be able to argue that you will fix the situation by buying new tyres when you get back to the UK.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
When we had a puncture in France they made me buy two of the same type on the same axel.
Phil
I had a flat on my Laguna and I was told that I had to have the second tyre changed. The old one was a Continental All Seasons and no longer available. They could sell me two Continental All Seasons II. I insisted that I only wanted one and the car went through its Control Technique/MOT the following week.

John

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back