Pump - Lilie or Shurflo?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
We have a Lillie Classic Series LP204 external water pump in the Adria Compact and I’m trying to source a spare ‘just in case’! Searching online I see that Shurflo have what appears to be an identical looking model, their Trail King, that delivers the same 7ltr flow at 1.4bar.

Anyone have any idea if they are interchangeable as the Shurflo is significantly less expensive?

OP
OP
Orion
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Fairly certain same thing with a different label.

Thanks for that. I see that they - Shurflo that is - also have what appears to be an identical model which I can get at the same price that delivers 2.1 bar at the same flow rate. Would that be a worthwhile upgrade?

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Thanks for that. I see that they - Shurflo that is - also have what appears to be an identical model which I can get at the same price that delivers 2.1 bar at the same flow rate. Would that be a worthwhile upgrade?
Only if you know your pipework and fittings can take the extra pressure, as the flow rate will be the same I wouldn't bother personally.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
It will be noisier & you will use more water, have the 30 psi/2.1 bar in my van it's quite noisy.

When I converted my last Hymer I fitted a 30 psi, when it failed I replaced it with a 20 psi.
The 20 was so much quieter but the flow rate was less and it hunted a bit at the kitchen sink tap.
Never could make up my mind which I preferred.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Orion
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Only if you know your pipework and fittings can take the extra pressure, as the flow rate will be the same I wouldn't bother personally.

Yes, it was just a thought. I’ve had a couple of leaks that were down to both the way the pipe work was routed putting stress on the fittings, and Adria trying to cut corners by using say, two spigot elbows together rather than one spigot, a short piece of pipe and then a standard elbow, leading again to the above stress on the fitting(s) That happened on the connections to the pressure vessel and the boiler frost dump valve - nothing wrong with the components or the fittings, just the way it had all been put together. Extending and slightly re-routing the pipes sorted the issues, although I did take the opportunity to replace the existing Reich with JG Guest fittings as extra security.

OP
OP
Orion
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
It will be noisier & you will use more water, have the 30 psi/2.1 bar in my van it's quite noisy.

When I converted my last Hymer I fitted a 30 psi, when it failed I replaced it with a 20 psi.
The 20 was so much quieter but the flow rate was less and it hunted a bit at the kitchen sink tap.
Never could make up my mind which I preferred.

Thanks for that. We’ve been happy with the flow at all the outlets so far. I’ll stick with the 1.4bar job. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back