Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Dec 8, 2013
Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral
Exp
Since 2015
We have recently noticed a small puddle on the floor of our Adria Coral directly in front of the fridge and adjacent to the bathroom wall - the water appears to be coming from the bottom of the wall/partition. I am fairly certain that it is not coming from the fridge and we have not been using the shower and so I am sure that it is not coming from the shower tray. I have checked the basin waste and H&C supply pipes (that I can get to!) and can't find any evidence of any leakage. The problem has occurred on days when there has been no rain so I don't think it is a leak from the roof or skylights tracking down the inside of the wall.

There are areas of the pipework that I can't get to without starting to disassemble the bathroom furniture and so it seemed sensible to post on this forum in case another Funster has had a similar experience and can suggest possible causes before the MH get's dismantled.

Thanks in anticipation.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
No. No need, but a very likely cause of their issue

As mentioned, I don’t know why these aren’t just run to ground out the van.
I had fridge water leaks from this source on both my Hymer and my Carthago. At first I used a syringe to suck the water out of the overflowing container and subsequently extended the pipe to outside.

Upvote 0
Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
This problem didn’t so much get solved as ‘just went away’! We have been using the van for around 100 nights a year including 2 4-5 week trips into Europe` each year and haven’t noticed the problem for some time.

However, we are currently half way through a 5 week trip to Holland and the leak seems to have come back with a vengeance. Each day we are finding a puddle in the same place and sometimes sufficient water to drench 4 or 5 sheets of kitchen roll.

The pump is not coming on at all when there is no demand through the taps.

The problem occurs when there is no rain for 48 hours or so.

We do not use the shower in the van.

We have tried not using the hand basin in the bathroom and still get the leak.

I have checked around the pipes and waste under the basin and all is dry as a bone.

I have pulled the potty out and checked the pipes in that compartment and all the surfaces and all seems very dry.

There doesn’t appear to be any leakage from the potty or it’s seals.

I have taken the bottom grille from the fridge and the space behind the fridge is dry.

The liquid seems clear and doesn’t smell - I’ve been unable to get ‘er indoors to taste it but it seems like clean water.

We have on a couple of occasions had an odour in the van when I think the waste tank has probably brimmed but we are getting the water leak consistently when we know that the waste tank is empty or definitely nowhere near full.

It’s a mystery and its doing my head in!

Have we missed anything?

As far as I remember (it was three years ago) on ours the water pump was the culprit, which is located under the bench seat to the right of the bathroom (see my pics originally posted). Had new one fitted which solved the problem.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Hooflungdung
Dec 8, 2013
Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral
Exp
Since 2015
Update on the situation. A few days ago we went through the process of stripping everything out of the bathroom cupboard and cassette locker and checked all of the fittings that I could get to (again!) and there was no evidence of any wetness or moisture. Also checked all of the surfaces I could get to and again no evidence of moisture. The water appears to be coming from under the shower tray and given that we don’t generally use the shower ( and the puddle seems to be clean water), it is unlikely to be the shower waste.

I have taken the inspection cover off below the shower mixer tap and checked the fittings in there and they seem bone dry.

With the exception of the fittings under the sink and below the shower mixer, all other fittings are below the level of the puddle and so are currently eliminated.

Based on a process of elimination the most likely source seems to be the hot and cold pipes which run from the cassette locker to the shower mixer. These run behind the bathroom panelling over the wheel arch. I wonder whether there is a split or mouse damage which is the source?

Incidentally, we have noticed the pump come on for a second or two occasionally over the past few days when no water is being drawn.

I will live with the problem for the rest of the trip and then order some replacement pipe when we get home and then carefully disconnect both ends of the existing pipe and draw them out one at a time. I will probably try and feed some clothes line down each pipe and through the new bit of pipe so that as I pull the old pipe out it will pull the new section through. Hopefully it will work so long as there aren’t any clips securing the pipes to any of the bodywork. If I get lucky, the first one I pull out will prove to be the offender and I won’t need to replace the other one. Will be a bit of an Eenie Meenie Miney Mo moment.

Alternative suggestions welcome.

Cheers

Upvote 0
Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
We have a Burstner and once had a similar puddle at a similar location (as in from underneath shower tray)
The puddle was as a result of putting a hosepipe (from house mains cold water) into the waste of the wash hand basin in the wet room of the Burstner. This was done in an effort to clean the waste system. The leak was found on a joint on the waste pipe from the wash hand basin before it joined the shower waste.
Fortunately this was accessible from the cassette cupboard and I could reconnect the waste without taking any paneling off!

Its a time consuming process but you'll have to do the action/reaction process to find which action in isolation causes the reaction, (ie puddle)
Good Luck

Upvote 0
Feb 19, 2020
North Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670SC
Exp
Update on the situation. A few days ago we went through the process of stripping everything out of the bathroom cupboard and cassette locker and checked all of the fittings that I could get to (again!) and there was no evidence of any wetness or moisture. Also checked all of the surfaces I could get to and again no evidence of moisture. The water appears to be coming from under the shower tray and given that we don’t generally use the shower ( and the puddle seems to be clean water), it is unlikely to be the shower waste.

I have taken the inspection cover off below the shower mixer tap and checked the fittings in there and they seem bone dry.

With the exception of the fittings under the sink and below the shower mixer, all other fittings are below the level of the puddle and so are currently eliminated.

Based on a process of elimination the most likely source seems to be the hot and cold pipes which run from the cassette locker to the shower mixer. These run behind the bathroom panelling over the wheel arch. I wonder whether there is a split or mouse damage which is the source?

Incidentally, we have noticed the pump come on for a second or two occasionally over the past few days when no water is being drawn.

I will live with the problem for the rest of the trip and then order some replacement pipe when we get home and then carefully disconnect both ends of the existing pipe and draw them out one at a time. I will probably try and feed some clothes line down each pipe and through the new bit of pipe so that as I pull the old pipe out it will pull the new section through. Hopefully it will work so long as there aren’t any clips securing the pipes to any of the bodywork. If I get lucky, the first one I pull out will prove to be the offender and I won’t need to replace the other one. Will be a bit of an Eenie Meenie Miney Mo moment.

Alternative suggestions welcome.

Cheers
The pump coming on is definitely a clue about a leak in the pressurised system. If it's like my Adria it will be clipped on and also have bend forming clips as well. Before randomly replacing pipes I would get a couple of John Guest 12mm push fit end stops and try to isolate sections if pipe work to establish wich bit is the problem. It might take a bit if working out what goes where but there is a sort of manifold with pipework from that going to taps, shower, toilet etc. Having experienced a few leaks it's usually the hot pipes and fittings that leak .

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Hooflungdung
Dec 8, 2013
Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks for the suggestions. I will do a bit of testing with end stops prior to pulling pipes out. As suggested, it could isolate the problem to a single stretch of pipe.

Cheers - will try and update once I have found the cause and resolved. 🤞

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back