LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Well having met the lovely Linda and Ian (bigtwin ) last night at a bar in Zeltingen I popped round this morning to borrow a 15mm spanner to tighten up my bike peddles, whilst doing that we also got the Ring compressor pump to check and inflate the rear tyre. Max pressure on the tyre wall said 35psi.

So giving the pump short bursts we got it up to a standing pressure of 28psi, max is 35psi, so I gave the pump another short burst and BANG, like a shotgun had gone off šŸ˜±

IMG_1435.jpeg

So without further ado Ian brought the necessary tools to remove the rear wheel, refit a new spare tube I had, and bingo I was back on the road again.

Canā€™t thank you enough Ian, your a star mate in my book šŸ‘šŸ‘

Al šŸ¾

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
I would expect the tyre to stop the inner tube bursting , nice result though šŸ‘

I said that too. We were both also surprised how thin/flexible the tyre wall was.

Iā€™m far from experienced with bicycle tyres/tubes but, again, we both thought that the tears at the burst site were interesting (and perhaps indicative of a latent defect).

Ian

OP
OP
Al n Val

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
35psi? What bike is that?
I was thinking cycle and mine run at 69 psi?

itā€™s a 3ā€ fat tyre electric bike wheel and it def says max pressure is 35psi has confirmed by Ian as well as this photo

I agree it does seem low as my last normal 20ā€ wheel/tyre was 65psi but these at 35 are very firm and give a good ride

IMG_1436.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

• Back