Rally Chat Proposed Solo Traveller – Small Site – Peak District National Park - Late Summer Tour - 18th to 27th September 2023 (1 Viewer)

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
I was coming to that conclusion. It is very short notice though and I was considering maybe arranging it for March/April next year instead.
If you post up a rally for 2024 in Nov/Dec this year. I think you will get a really good response.
As already alluded to, most people are booked up for this year . We don’t get out in the van much over winter so we use that time to carefully plan the season ahead .
I echo the comments from other with regards to “ giving it a go “ well done to you 👍.
I hope it all works out and you get a decent rally organised.

Mar 12, 2021
Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Malvern
Exp
Since 1999
Sounds like a great idea. Would certainly consider.

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
I like the idea but the dates are not good for me as will be in France. The cost seems ok and I wouldn't expect a problem not having hook-up for a week.

Feb 17, 2012
merseyside
Funster No
MH
Murvi Pimento
Exp
Since 2015
I like the idea and the itinerary looks good to me. I am going to France in September so couldn’t make those dates.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 28, 2023
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Executiv
Exp
Hello to all fellow Funsters who like to travel solo. I thought it would be fun to arrange a tour of the Peak District which has stunning scenery, great walking and cycling and fantastic local friendly pubs. I wanted to see if any of you might be interested.

I thought of the Solo Traveller as I would like to meet and get to know other people who travel solo like myself, but non-solo travellers would also be welcome to come along of course. I hope this might inspire other such adventures as for example I would like to go skiing in the winter and it is always more fun with others as well as the security of travelling as a group.

I thought of the Peak District because of its awe-inspiring scenery and central location. I have done some research and put together a proposed itinerary which would cost a total of £134 per van, this can be adapted of course if there are other views and idea's. The itinerary is as follows: -

Site One – Friday 18th September (3 Nights) - £30 per van
Middlehills Farm Campsite – Grangemill, Matlock, Derbyshire. DE4 4HY

Site Two – Monday 21st September (2 Nights) – £24 per van
Lathkill Wild Campsite - Monyash Road, Over Haddon, Bakewell, Derbyshire, DE45 1JF – Travel distance 11 miles

Site Three – Wednesday 23rd September (2 Nights) - £60 per van includes EHU.
Barlow Country Club - Crowhole, Barlow, Dronfield, Derbyshire, S18 7TP – Travel distance 14 Miles

Site Four – Friday 25th September (2 Nights) - £20 per van
Burrs Manor Wild Camping – Chelmorton, Buxton, Derbyshire. SK17 9SW – Travel distance 18 Miles

Each site has been chosen for location and availability and all have pubs within a short walking distance. Sites 1, 2 and 4 are considered wild campsites with limited onsite facilities but pubs and other facilities are within easy reach. Travel to each new site is between 11 and 18 miles which would help with battery charging, I chose one EHU site to allow for full charging during the tour.

Details of each site can be found on https://www.pitchup.com/

I look forward to hearing if anyone else might be interested in this. It could only be a small group, between 5 and 8 vans as these are not large sites, the EHU site for example only has 8 current spaces.

Thanks to you all

:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

Simon
Sounds good as I sometimes travel solo with my dog. I am in Ireland and sites with ehu are €40/€45 per night. Would possibly be interested

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
I think you are over thinking the battery issue and charging there of.

I’d think two nights then a run to another site and your back to full charge 👍
...and no need to drive by the shortest route if batteries were a bit low

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back