Pressure washer (1 Viewer)

May 26, 2023
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Swift c404
Exp
Just about to order a cordless pressure washer for the van and was wondering which one other members use? I have a full blown mains washer, however, too cumbersome for regular outings and the risk of using too high a pressure, was also wondering if a foamer was a useful addition. Txs.

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
Just about to order a cordless pressure washer for the van and was wondering which one other members use? I have a full blown mains washer, however, too cumbersome for regular outings and the risk of using too high a pressure, was also wondering if a foamer was a useful addition. Txs.
I use a Works brushless one…works a treat and not too powerful as to cause any damage to sealant etc. Bought a spare battery for it too. Recommend 👍

Upvote 0
Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
Care should be taken when using a pressure washer as the front windscreen rubbers are not designed for that higher pressure you could also trap water under the seals and if it freezes on rare occasions cause the screen to crack. The side motorhome window seals are certainly not up to that pressure or anywhere near the fridge vents or external lockers. You could also drive water into side marker lights on rear ones in some cases. Not try to doom and gloom but 40 years repairing them. If you want to pre wet it or rinse off just stand well back to lower the impact the pressure will drop off rapidly at a short distance a meter or so should be fine

Upvote 0
Aug 13, 2022
Chesterfield, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Sussex
Care should be taken when using a pressure washer as the front windscreen rubbers are not designed for that higher pressure you could also trap water under the seals and if it freezes on rare occasions cause the screen to crack. The side motorhome window seals are certainly not up to that pressure or anywhere near the fridge vents or external lockers. You could also drive water into side marker lights on rear ones in some cases. Not try to doom and gloom but 40 years repairing them. If you want to pre wet it or rinse off just stand well back to lower the impact the pressure will drop off rapidly at a short distance a meter or so should be fine
Agree 100% with Bessy765, I wouldn't go anywhere near any vehicle with a pressure washer.

Upvote 0
Dec 20, 2013
Kilsyth, Glasgow, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
I have a number of Makita cordless tools - so bought a Makita pressure washer unit and utilise the same batteries/ charger. Good quality and sufficient for giving the motorhome a wash when touring in the EU. It can be connected to a mains water tap via standard hose/tap connectors and/or fed via a short hose from a bucket of soapy water in the first instance. I also take my Makita hand held vacuum cleaner and a tyre inflator with us. They are brilliant and the vacuum cleaner runs forever off a full battery.

if you plan to build up a range of cordless units it is worth thinking about which manufacturer you will choose initially - such as Makita, Bosch, DeWalt etc as the batteries and charger are normally the expensive part. Thereafter, the base units are relatively cheap. At home, I have the usual range of Makita cordless stuff like, drills, saws, etc. which I have built up over time as a keen DIY person.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D
May 26, 2023
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Swift c404
Exp
Agree 100% with Bessy765, I wouldn't go anywhere near any vehicle with a pressure washer.
I wouldn't either, with a mains powered pressure washer, which I do have, what I am looking at here is a cordless pressure washer, they are not that high powered and its use would mainly be as a boost to the low pressure I get straight from the garden hose which hardly reaches the motorhome roof at the moment, main use will be around skirts and rinsing off.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D
May 26, 2023
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Swift c404
Exp
I use a Works brushless one…works a treat and not too powerful as to cause any damage to sealant etc. Bought a spare battery for it too. Recommend 👍
Hi, that's just what I was hoping. Not trying to be clever, was wondering if you could confirm you meant Worx as they get really good reviews

Upvote 0
Jul 7, 2023
Funster No
MH
swift Kon tiki 794 G
I put a post about this the other day, I use a swiffer mop. 5.99 the range.. I use a long folding bucket the swiffer fits in, fill with hot water, I elongate the handle and standing on a sturdy ladder, wash the roof and rinse off with a hose, my swiffer is 47 cm x 10 cm, once I have done the roof I do both sides, the back and front, I then use a sponge to do all the joints, nooks and crannies again I rinse off with a hose. It takes me less than 30 minutes, I also take it with me on our travels to wash the front after murdering billions of gnats, driving at 70 mph. I never use a pressure washer, except if it’s to point it at the MH from 2.0-2.5 metres away to rinse off the front and back.

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I won't even go near my car with mine.
Slightest damage to paint or stuck on badges won't stand up to well over 3000 psi.
That enough to cut soft brick.

Upvote 1
Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
a few weeks back i bought the Lidl version it lasted all of 10 minutes. so have difficulty reccomending it.
havent been able to come to terms in deciding whether to buy another one or not.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D
May 26, 2023
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Swift c404
Exp
I won't even go near my car with mine.
Slightest damage to paint or stuck on badges won't stand up to well over 3000 psi.
That enough to cut soft brick.
That’s amazing, I haven’t seen a cordless one that can go above 650 psi, my Karcher might, however, not seen a cordless in this range

Upvote 0
Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
Hi, that's just what I was hoping. Not trying to be clever, was wondering if you could confirm you meant Worx as they get really good reviews
Yes sorry Dolmen it is indeed Worx. Brushless..more robust apparently đź‘Ť

This one….. Amazon product ASIN B07N8FTS19

Last edited:
Upvote 0

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I put a post about this the other day, I use a swiffer mop. 5.99 the range.. I use a long folding bucket the swiffer fits in, fill with hot water, I elongate the handle and standing on a sturdy ladder, wash the roof and rinse off with a hose, my swiffer is 47 cm x 10 cm, once I have done the roof I do both sides, the back and front, I then use a sponge to do all the joints, nooks and crannies again I rinse off with a hose. It takes me less than 30 minutes, I also take it with me on our travels to wash the front after murdering billions of gnats, driving at 70 mph. I never use a pressure washer, except if it’s to point it at the MH from 2.0-2.5 metres away to rinse off the front and back.
I am not familiar with the term "swiffer" is it basically a floor mop?

Upvote 0
Jul 7, 2023
Funster No
MH
swift Kon tiki 794 G
I am not familiar with the term "swiffer" is it basically a floor mop?
Yeah, it’s like .. on the end of long adjustable pole a flat plastic oblong which has a removable cover the cover being the mop. You find that they are great for cleaning ceramic floors, large windows, the sides and roof of motorhomes and cars. It’s quick because the surface is 47x10 cms. So you cover a lot of area quickly, and it’s designed to collect dirt it’s also solid, but very soft.

Upvote 0
Jul 7, 2023
Funster No
MH
swift Kon tiki 794 G
Yeah, it’s like .. on the end of long adjustable pole a flat plastic oblong which has a removable cover the cover being the mop. You find that they are great for cleaning ceramic floors, large windows, the sides and roof of motorhomes and cars. It’s quick because the surface is 47x10 cms. So you cover a lot of area quickly, and it’s designed to collect dirt it’s also solid, but very soft.
It can be viewed on Amazon, search flat mop microfibre.

Upvote 0
Sep 2, 2020
Ladybarn, Manchester, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
I think they are intended to wipe dust off laminate floors, but using as a moho washing sounds like a good idea.

1015842925.jpg

Upvote 0

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Thanks, thought that was it, I do actually use one but just with a drying towel wrapped over the head for drying off after washing and rinsing down.

Upvote 0
Dec 6, 2021
Bideford
Funster No
MH
Tabbert 740 A-class
Exp
Morning

The above pressure washer, can this be used from water containers (syphon) or do you still need tap water supply?

Thanks

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D
May 26, 2023
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Swift c404
Exp
Morning

The above pressure washer, can this be used from water containers (syphon) or do you still need tap water supply?

Thanks
I have been reading a lot about them over the last few days and they all (battery cordless) have a hose with a float to use from a water container, or even a river. If you are referring to the worx above it can be used from a container. What I am less sure about is how big a container you would need to wash and rinse a motorhome, however, I don't see myself using anything else other than garden hose

Upvote 0

Bobbydaisy

Free Member
Oct 13, 2021
Funster No
MH
Elddis CV20
I use snow foam gun on the mains pressure washer and extendable soft mop pole to reach the top. Snow foam gun drops the pressure, use it without the foam solution in it for initial spray , then with the foam , then rinse off again without . Use normal lance for wheels and arches with no issues.

Upvote 0

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
I have the Worx cordless and found that it's more suited to rinsing the van after a manual wash as it's not powerful enough to take off ingrained dirt properly, plus I'm concious about damaging seals. I use it more for the MTB as mentioned previously and it's a handy piece of kit. I normally use one or two buckets of water to fully rinse the van off. I've got the snow foam attachment but haven't used it yet.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back