Pressure cooker (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
PS: I know many people will not use aluminium sauce pans thesedays, and insist on Stainless Steel but I cant remember why?:unsure:;):giggle: Hopefully as I only use it occasionally, the risks if true, are kept to a minimum.
LES
Many moons ago when i fisrt read about this possible issue it was mentioned that the main issues were with pans that had a pitted surface. This was primarily due to poor maintenance (not drying correctly) or if used for boiling betroot or other acidic produce. As a result of this we threw away 3 of our favourite pans but all pressure cookers ok just clean out quick and inspect after a beetroot boil. Beetroot barely cool enough before SWMBO tucks in.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Has anyone used an Instant Pot electric one? I have this at home and was thinking of using it in the motorhome when I get it.
Yes, we had two. One in the van and one at home. I gave the van one to daughter-in-law after we cleared to van to sell it and she uses it several times a week. We were usually on EHU.

Brilliant bits of kit and automatic. I hated the old pressure cookers as Mum (being deaf) had them hissing like a bomb and when de-pressurising she stopped hearing the hissing and insisted it was safe to open when it never was.

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
I have a large electric pressure cooker at home that I use a lot in winter but rarely take on the road because of space.

I batch cook stews and divide them into individual portions, then freeze.

I transfer a number to, and use, from van freezer. These can be microwaved or left to thaw and reheated. Simples! 🤔

postaldust

Free Member
Jun 17, 2024
Funster No
MH
campervan
Does anybody use a stove top pressure cooker in a motorhome / van ..any recommendations ?
I am using an Instant Pot Duo 3-liter version (700 watts). It takes approximately 10 minutes for the pressure to build up, and then I switch it off as it continues to boil for another 10-20 minutes, enough to cook anything from eggs, meat, vegetables, etc. With the LiFePO4 battery, finally no more gas and steam in my home! :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back