Poynting xpol1-v2 positioning (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jan 18, 2019
Cuesta Blanca, Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exis
Exp
Since 2010
This was delivered yesterday, and is much larger than I anticipated.
The original plan was keep it in a cupboard and put it out when needed, on whatever side of the van produced best results - but we're short on cupboard space.

If permanently mounted, should the antenna be above the roofline for an all around 'view' or does it not matter in practice ?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Poynting say it should be mounted with 1 metre of clear space around it with unobstructed view of the cell.

If you mount it on the roof it would be best above any obstructions like rooflight etc., and you will need to to rotate it.

Those directional aerials are meant for static use not really suitable for a Motorhome.

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
17 fun filled years
I had similar and made up a mounting with plastice pipe and suction cups and stuck it on the roof when needed, as above it needs to be pointed at the signal.

Jan 25, 2024
North Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 745
Exp
since 2012
Also, not sure how this antenna will perform if the sides/roof are metallic??

I would imagine it was designed with building materials such as brick or wood in mind as a backdrop/grouns plane??

Get the proper omnidirectional job, much better solution!

Tony.

Jul 5, 2024
Funster No
MH
Bailey Pegagus
First post so Hi All!

I have a the Omni directional one, I use it for work and been in some pretty remote places and have had enough signal without any messing. Mounted close to the TV antenna but no issues so far.

This is what I'm using "Poynting MIMO-3-V2-17 Transportation & Automotive Antenna" bought from Net XL, pair it with a good quality router for best results. Would need 4 antenna connections for best performance. I found them very helpful in making a choice.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back