Power supply for Victron IP22 (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 15, 2016
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
2015 Auto-Trail V600
Exp
8 years motohoming and counting
On a similar note, I have a sargent px300 mains charger originally connected to the EC500 PSU. I also have a victron IP22 30A mains charger connected directly to the leisure batteries and a vanbitz battery master. I disconnected the PX300 in favour of the victron, however, its occurred to me that I now have no way of charging the vehicle battery from ehu if the leisure battery is too low for the battery master to work. So, could I install a changeover switch to select the relevant mains charger as needed?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Garry - June
Jun 24, 2019
Pershore, Worcestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia
Exp
On a similar note, I have a sargent px300 mains charger originally connected to the EC500 PSU. I also have a victron IP22 30A mains charger connected directly to the leisure batteries and a vanbitz battery master. I disconnected the PX300 in favour of the victron, however, its occurred to me that I now have no way of charging the vehicle battery from ehu if the leisure battery is too low for the battery master to work. So, could I install a changeover switch to select the relevant mains charger as needed?
I am planning to install a simple on/off switch inline with the Victron charger so I can easily switch it off... I have lots of solar with Votronic controllers which have dedicated vehicle trickle charge outputs so hopefully I wont have to worry about the vehicle battery.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back