Portugal Tolls (1 Viewer)

Aug 16, 2022
Funster No
MH
detleffs
A confidence check here if I may please: we entered Portugal this morning from Ayamonte so A49 from Spain to A22. As you cross the river ‘foreign cars’ are filtered right to 3 toll barriers which ask you to insert a card to pay and also to register for Easy Toll. None of our cards worked as indeed was the situation for a couple of Swiss plated MH and a German one at the same time. There is no ‘help’ button to get support.
However we had pre-registered Easy Toll (same cards accepted) so have just cracked on. I recall from last year using largely EasyToll but pay booths where appropriate. I have re-read things and think that this is still fine.
Or have I missed something?
Thank you

Jan 6, 2024
Cheshire, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Warwick XL MQ
Exp
Since 1986
No, we just went straight through.

We did find however (and this was 3-4 years ago) that there are stretches of toll road that don't accept Easy Toll and you have to pay separately. Hope this has changed because it was a nuisance.

Will be interested on how you get on because we are planning Spain/Portugal in September/October.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Don’t bother registering and just take first turn off for Castro Marin , the N125 is a good enough road to travel along the Algarve.
We entered last week and are currently just west of Albufeira.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back