Portugal Tolls at Green Lanes with a Tag (9 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 16, 2018
Wilmslow
Funster No
MH
Coach blt, Swift KTS
Exp
Since 2016
We have a Bip&Go toll tag on our motorhome. On the motorways with the overhead gantries it has worked fine in Portugal. But we tried going through one of the green lanes on the motorway and the tag didn't beep either at the entry toll or the exit toll. Big signs up saying you will be fined if you use the toll incorrectly. Does the fact it didn't beep mean it's not valid for these lanes, in which case I'm a due a fine? Or does it register the presence of the tag but just not beep?

Mar 7, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hobby Optima T70 HQ
We have a Bip&Go toll tag on our motorhome. On the motorways with the overhead gantries it has worked fine in Portugal. But we tried going through one of the green lanes on the motorway and the tag didn't beep either at the entry toll or the exit toll. Big signs up saying you will be fined if you use the toll incorrectly. Does the fact it didn't beep mean it's not valid for these lanes, in which case I'm a due a fine? Or does it register the presence of the tag but just not beep?
If its a lane with a camera you're registered for that too and it will work. There's normally a green light if all OK on entry to the toll and another screen with what you've been charged when you leave the toll road.

Upvote 0
Jun 6, 2020
Funster No
MH
Apache Hi Line 634
We used emovis there last week, the green lanes should display charges when you exit them, over head ones on the A22 don’t beep but appeared in our account about a week later - hope this helps.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
GeeCee
Aug 16, 2018
Wilmslow
Funster No
MH
Coach blt, Swift KTS
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks for the comments above - it would appear the tag works then. I'll check the app in a few days time - there's nothing on it yet.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back